34

Jeongguk had Taehyung in his arms shushing him down to soothe his cries. It was a day when taehyung woke up with a black cloud over his head. He woke to see Jeongguk wrapped around by a towel on his waist, pacing around the room to find his clothes after showering. 

Well, that is indeed a sight to watch and unfortunately not to Taehyung. Up until this date, the elder's tattoos still haunted him. The sleeve of tattoos was the first thing that caught his attention right after waking up in his headspace. Tears immediately welled up in his eyes before he started wailing loudly on the bed gaining Jeongguk's attention. 

Jeongguk immediately threw on an oversized shirt and a pair of boxers before he sprinted to the younger and lifted up in his arms. 

"K-kookie, mwonsta" Taehyung wailed as he thrashed around in the elder's hold trying to be away from his tattoos. 

"G-go aw-away" Taehyung hiccuped "Taetae h-hate mwonsta" Taehyung had a hard time breathing due to the immense amount of crying. 

Jeongguk looked at the younger worriedly and was having a tough time breathing. He constantly was trying to quell the little one but the younger was far from listening to someone at this point. 

"Ko-kookie, Ta-taetae will pwotect k-kookie fom mwonsta" Taehyung hugged Jeongguk's neck as he scaredly eyes the arm with teary eyes. He tried to shift in the hold of the elder, away from the tattooed arm. Jeongguk got the cue and shifted the younger on his left hip away from his right arm that was tattoed and held him firm with his left arm, securely. 

To say that Jeongguk was moved is an understatement. Those simple words from the younger, who was prepared to defend against the monster he believed to exist, had him overwhelmed with emotion. He still hugged the glorious mess in his arms, though. He received assurance that he will always be cherished. He was given comfort in knowing that someone loves him unconditionally and constantly. This only made me adore him more.

He smiled like a foolish man, looking at the younger one who was still crying a mess. He was glad to seek happiness in small actions and words like these. He knew that he just needed the little for him to be happy. He just was just in a pain with happiness. He'd just say it's a pretty sort of aching. 

"It's not a monster, baby" He leaned down and pressed a kiss on his wet, glossy lips. He rubbed the younger's back as he started hiccuping frantically. Jeongguk immediately rushed to the kitchen and filled his sippy bottle with water. 

He sat in the kitchen in the living room and cradled the younger, who immediately latched onto the bottle, gobbling down the water hastily, Jeongguk put the bottle aside and started rubbing the younger's chest, trying to soothe him. He absolutely loathed when the younger cried. 

"Baby, look at me." He tried to avert taehyung's attention to him from his tattoos. Taehyung was constantly staring at his tattoos, horrified. 

"Look at kookie, sweetheart" Jeongguk grabbed the younger's jaw, gently, tilting his head to face him.

 "There is no monster, look" Jeongguk touched his arm and showed how the tattoos weren't harming him in any way. "See, they are sketches. Don't you like to draw? They are not monsters, baby" Jeongguk slowly brought the younger's hands to touch his arm. Taehyung hesitated to touch it. His eyes started tearing up again. He eyed Jeongguk absolutely terrified. Nevertheless, he believed Jeongguk. 

Jeongguk brought his hand forward. He could feel the younger tensing up in his hold. He could see the way Taehyung was unintentionally clenching and unclenching his arm. Jeongguk gently rubbed his palm on his arm and he could feel the goosebumps on the younger's skin.