28

After getting freshened up, Jeongguk trudged toward the kitchen before being stopped in his tracks by the view. The kitchen was left as messy as the younger's room. The bread's edges are on the island. A small amount of jam had been thrown on the counter with the jam jar wide open, attracting flies. Chocolate wrappers were flying around, and the fridge door was not closed completely.

The soup he made for taehyung for lunch was untouched along with the sippy bottle of milk. Jeongguk pinched his nose before resting his hands on his hips. He took long breaths before he sauntered into the kitchen, cleaning and organizing it. 

He later started dicing the vegetables for dinner before swallowing and frying the steak after he marinated it in the required spices. He busy frying when he heard footsteps dwindling towards him. He didn't bother to look as he knew who it was. 

"Kookie" He heard the younger call him. It was almost like a mumble but loud enough for the elder to hear him. It was the first time the younger one called him by that name. It was always Jeongguk otherwise. He chose to pretend like he didn't hear it. He was in no mood to talk. 

He kept flipping the meat on the pan on high flame. While they were frying, he sauteed and tossed the vegetables in the wok. He was making japchae for dinner. The noodles were kept aside, already boiled. He was making the sauce. 

"Kookie" He heard the younger call him again. 

The elder snapped his head towards the younger "I'm busy right now, Taehyung! Don't disturb me right now. Hyung will come back home anytime. I need to serve him." Jeongguk deadpanned. His tone was bland and uninterested but strong and bold enough to send shivers down the younger's spine. The word taehyung didnt sit well in the younger's brain as he was already so habituated to the elder calling him sweet names. He can't digest this distinct behaviour for some reason. 

"Hello, guys!" Rose sang, cheerfully. Both of their attention was on a happy squeaky Rose, who was walking in with heavy bags after strolling Ji-ah in the living room. Jeongguk immediately simmered the stove and went to her rescue, bringing the bags to his hold and carrying them back to the kitchen. 

"Finally those big muscles coming into use" Rose joked and dropped her jacket and purse on the dining table before walking into the kitchen. Jeongguk playfully rolled his eyes at the comment before walking back to the steak and flipping them. 

"Hi, Tae!" Rose ruffled his hair as she walked to grab her apron and wear it. She washed her hands thoroughly and joined Jeongguk helping him make the japchae. Jeongguk eyed Ji-ah in the stroller, who was flapping her hands happily. He smiled at that. She is always there to shoo all his worries away. 

"Ji-ah met a new friend in the park today. He was a year old. Just as cute as her" Rose smiled as she tossed the noodles in the wok. "Woah! That's awesome!" Jeongguk exclaimed, happily. He completely pretended to not notice that the younger was still standing there by his side. 

"Yes, He was just as active as Ji-ah!" Rose chimed. " and the kid had a handsome father" She later whispered to Jeongguk, who immediately was done with her gawking at handsome men. "I am handsome too" Jeongguk said that outta nowhere. 

"Yeah, I Know. If only you weren't my friend, I've would have dated you already" Rose chuckled at her own statement while Jeongguk just a lopsided grin as he shook his head. He looked aside to grab the salt but he raised his brows when he saw taehyung almost scowling at Rose with a pout. He smirked internally.

"Same, Ro. I mean look at you" Jeongguk asserted making Rose laugh and throw her head back. She slapped his shoulder playfully. A couple of minutes later, Jeongguk heard someone mewling. He looked forward to seeing Ji-ah squirming in the stroller. She must be hungry, Jeongguk thought.