5

It's been more than a week since Jeongguk started working for taehyung. He found out that Taehyung was in his 5 years old headspace and so far he made no trouble. A little conscious about the new caregiver he has gotten. Though Jeongguk ensured to take care of the Little in all ways but was only refused to do. 

When Namjoon was present around, the little one makes sure to be with him and him only. He refuses to ask for help from him but Namjoon. So Namjoon is the one who helps him bathe, does his skincare, and dresses him up every morning before he leaves for work.  Jeongguk completely understands the situation and he didn't push the little one any further and every time this happens, Namjoon and Jeongguk exchange an awkward smile. For now, his only duty has been to make sure that the younger has eaten, is safe in his surroundings and is sleeping on time. 

He has always made sure that the little one is always under his vision. Either in his room, in the hall or in his own room when the little one spends time with his daughter, Ji-ah. And when he is free, he helps Rose with the chores or with gardening. He wasn't going to admit it anytime soon but she was a great person and a friend. At least, she makes things less boring. 

But today was completely different from what he had experienced. Namjoon has to go on his 3-week business tour to the Philippines. Ever since taehyung had realised that Namjoon is leaving him, he had been crying hysterically. He had been thrashing around and refused to leave Namjoon away from his hold. 

"N-nwo, J-joonie, Nwo weave" Taehyung hiccuped as fat tears flowed down his red puffy cheeks. He was straddled on Namjoon's lap, who was dressed up, ready to leave for the trip. The elder had already anticipated the episode, so he got ready 4 hours prior to the fight to handle the younger before going. 

"Tae, Please don't cry. I will be back really soon and I'll bring you lots of gifts. Don't you want that?" Namjoon spoke gently and wiped the younger's tears with the back of his hand. "Nwo, J-joonie stway with taetae" Taehyung cried, clutching onto Namjoon's shoulder tight, trying to hold him back. 

"Jeongguk, Rose and Ji-ah are going to stay with you, tae. I will be back in no time.  Jeongguk is gonna be there for you. Don't you want Joonie to go get the new toys you wanted? Hmm?" The Elder hugged the crying younger, rubbing his back, trying to calm him down but taehyung started thrashing around in his hold and shook his head vigorously. 

"Taehyung, stop doing that. You are going to hurt yourself." Namjoon said curtly only making taehyung cry even more. Taehyung started biting his lips and crying even more which made namjoon sad for scolding him at the wrong time. 

Jeongguk, who had been watching the scene unfold along with Rose, felt a little sad for the little one. He knows the pain of being away from the person you love the most. He could understand taehyung's pain. 

"Uff, I feel bad for him right now" Rose commented, looking at the scene before her and Jeongguk just nodded absentmindedly. 

Namjoon, who has been trying to calm the younger down for the past two hours now, looked at the time. He just had an hour to board the flight or he'll miss it otherwise if he doesn't leave right away. But looking at Taehyung's condition, he doesn't have the heart to leave. 

"Tae, I'll call you every night before sleep, okay? Please, don't cry. It's making Joonie sad." Namjoon looked at him with sad eyes but taehyung was not in the state of mind to listen to anything. He just wanted him to stay. 

Namjoon suddenly darted his eyes to Jeongguk, who immediately looked at him. The elder signalled the younger with his eyes to help him and Jeongguk immediately got the cue. 

Jeongguk walked to them slowly and patted taehyung's shoulder which only made the little one flinch. "Hey, it's me. Do you want Ice cream? I bought the strawberry one cause you like it." Jeongguk motioned him to come with him. Taehyung just shook his head and hugged namjoon, snuggling in closer, making namjoon sigh in defeat.