10

Jeongguk sat there on one of the metal seats in the waiting hall, biting his lips as he bounced his left leg subconsciously. He was denied to enter the cabin with taehyung as this was a 'family thing' said Bongseon. At that statement, he fought the urge to roll his eyes at Bongseon. Of course, he did not take it at heart, in fact, barely acknowledged it.  Not wanting a make a fuss, he just quietly walked into the waiting hall and settled himself there, trying to think why the little one was brought to the hospital. 

After a lot of pass time, Jeongguk was called by one of the guards that he can now go back to Taehyung. He gave them a mere nod of acknowledgment before he walked out of the waiting hall with his backpack on only to see the wailing taehyung, trying to fight out of his mom's grip. 

He immediately jogged towards them, perplexed, wanting to know the reason behind the fuss he was making.  

When taehyung saw Jeongguk approaching them, he immediately started to show signs that he wanted to be with him by thrashing around, stomping his foot on the floor, making grabby hands, etc. 

Jeongguk frowned at the behavior but embraced him, trying to calm him down, before questioning him any further. He kept rubbing the younger's back reassuringly as the latter dug his face into the crook of his neck, wetting his shirt a little. 

"Taehyung, behave yourself for heaven's sake!!! There are people watching us. We look like clowns that we are never intended to be. So Please shut up right now!" Bongseon gritted her teeth, making her eyes wide in anger as she warned taehyung to quiet down. But her actions helped in no way but made the younger flinch in panic in Jeongguk's arms. 

Jeongguk, who watched the scene unfold before his eyes despised it the most. "It's okay, tae. I'm here" He spoke in the most delicate way possible in humankind, trying to make the younger's breath stable. Taehyung flung his arms around the elder's neck and snuggled in closer. 

"Don't try to control my son in front of me, Jeongguk. That's out of limits." Bongseon barked, enraged. Jeongguk just clicked his tongue and shook his head, looking at her indifferently. 

"I'm not trying to control anyone here, ma'am. Taehyung is close to hyperventilating. I was trying to help him calm and that's what I'm being paid for. I'm doing my job. Nothing more and nothing less." Jeongguk justified, blankly. 

"I know what my kid is going through so you better not give me any explanations about him." Bongseon snarled. Few people around the room were watching the scene like it was the most interesting thing in the world. Few decided to mind their own business and not meddle with someone like The Kims. 

"If you really knew, your kid wouldn't come almost running for me." Jeongguk retorted as his hands subconsciously pivoted to the younger's ear, slightly rubbing it to his liking, calming him down little by little. 

Bongseon was flaming up by then. She could feel stares all around her, stabbing her. She despised how the younger had answers for everything that was rational. 

"Let's go home" She mumbled but frowned when Jeongguk shook his head. "I'll bring him home by myself. He needs to breathe. You may leave" Jeongguk politely answered this time. 

"Whatever" she mumbled before she wore her glasses and walked out of the building. 

-

Jeongguk smiled genuinely when he saw the glee in Taehyung's eyes that were looking all around the place in utter happiness that he couldn't express. They were walking hand in hand in the neon streets of Myeongdong Market, Seoul.

Taehyung hopped up and down as he walked along with Jeongguk walking past everything that he beautiful. 

Growing up in a strict household, he could never live a life as a normal person. He was never really allowed to go out. If he did, it was always in the car directly to the destination that he always found boring. He was never allowed to go to crowded places, let alone. He barely has any idea about the world outside except for the few places he visits. 

He found it fascinating to look at the street shopping. The street dancers. Hot steaming food is being prepared across the streets. Everything looked to him who was almost caged for years. He felt he has gotten wings, free to fly. 

He wished to come to this place daily. Being surrounded by people made him feel secure. He did not feel isolated. He did not feel excluded. He felt relaxed. The setting was relaxing. He delighted in every second of it.

He excitedly turned his head towards Jeongguk, who already had his eyes on him. He flashed his brows asking him what was the matter. Taehyung ran back to him, excitedly "Kookie, taetae wan' new twoys" He requested stomping his legs after pointing at the attractive toy store down the street.

And Jeongguk had no reason to deny his request. He not only wants him to see him being happy but also he doesn't want to be the reason for his gloomy mood. So immediately he agreed to it which multiplied taehyung's happiness. 

-

When they got back home, Taehyung was already sleeping in Jeongguk's arms. 

Another thing that the little one enjoyed while riding back home was the bus they rode in. He kept spreading his arms out of the window which Jeongguk had a little trouble with. So, he ended up shifting the places to avoid any possible accidents. In the start, taehyung whined a little about it but eventually loved everything about it and wanted to go on the bus every time. 

Jeongguk brought Taehyung and the shopping bags alone by himself with a little trouble from the bus stop with a little trouble. When he entered the house, Rose immediately rushed to his rescue. She immediately picked the bags up and put them aside. 

"Where is Ji-ah?" was the first question Jeongguk right after he stepped into the house, looking around for her. 

"Ah, she enjoyed having fun with me the whole evening. she is resting now, in my room." She had a teasing grin playing on her lips, looking at the younger one. Jeongguk just rolled his eyes at the comment and just walked to the stairs and to the Youngest's room, laying him down there on his bed. 

---

The most boring chapter, I know...I'll tryna be better next time. :)