11

Days and weeks passed by soon in a blink of an eye. The relationship between the caregiver and the little one is impeccable now. Amongst all the people taehyung has ever been with, Jeongguk is just his favourite. If not said by words, one could definitely say it by actions. 

It has become their routine to visit the market every Friday of the week in the evening to enjoy the nightlife. Nothing really has changed between them except their inner feelings about what they feel about each other. Mind you, It's not always about being romantic.

 Maybe one day...

It has been a really long -time since Namjoon came back and Taehyung couldn't be happier. Elder Kim has gotten so many gifts for Taehyung and also for Ji-ah and Jeongguk couldn't be more thankful. 

One bad habit that Taehyung has picked up in this span of time was sneaking into the kitchen in the middle of the night for the chocolates that Namjoon has gotten for him. This has been happening for almost 2 and a half weeks now. He's lucky enough that no one yet has caught his notorious act. Not even Jeongguk. 

Just like any other night, Taehyung tiptoes his way to the kitchen downstairs, making sure to be careful and take the support of the railing while getting down the stairs. He looked around to make sure no one was watching him doing that mischievous act. He had a wide grin when he saw the whole house in tranquillity.

Jeongguk on the other hand finally switched his laptop off and put it aside. He let out a heavy sigh before stretching his muscles, twisting his body, bending back and forth, etc. He pushed his glasses up and pushed his silky hair back as well. 

He walked to Ji-ah to check on her. He carefully removed the pacifier from her mouth and placed it aside. He pecked her forehead before deciding to grab a midnight snack and water from the kitchen. 

On the way, he suddenly stopped in his tracks when he decided to check on taehyung as well. But when he entered the room, he found it empty. To his surprise, the bathroom was empty too. 

He frowned before he rushed to search for the little one until he heard faint hums from a direction. He followed the source of the sound until it lead him to the kitchen. Once he stood by the kitchen, he threw his head back with hands on his waist and groaned tiredly after witnessing the sight in front of him. 

He looked in front again and walked towards the body, who was sitting on the island's chair, back facing him, Licking his chocolate-smeared hands and humming in delight. 

"What are you doing, Taehyung?" Jeongguk's voice echoed through the kitchen, making the younger one flinch at the voice, falling down from the chair finally with a loud thud. 

"shit" Jeongguk cursed himself before he paced towards the younger one, who was on his knees with his lips wobbling and eyes tearing up. 

The eldest of the two immediately picked him up on his hips and bounced him a little. "Shhh! It's okay. Where does it hurt? Show kookie?" Jeongguk spoke softly this time, swaying his body, slowly in different directions. 

Taehyung had his arms thrown around the elder's neck, and sobbed showing his left arm. "H-hwurts, Kookie" 

"It's okay it's okay. Kookie will shoo the pain away." Jeongguk said as he filled a glass of water for the little one, making him drink it later. Taehyung chugged down half of the glass before moving his head away, indicating that it was enough. 

Jeongguk then sat him on the island and rubbed his left arm slowly to ease the pain. He then moved the arm up and down as slowly as possible. He glanced at taehyung every now and then, looking at his face smeared with chocolate, who was hiccuping with teary eyes.