21

After the bath, Jeongguk decided to check on taehyung. He walked out of the room and twisted the knob of the younger's room door before walking inside. 

He was worried sick and wanted to decipher why the younger's condition deteriorated out of the blue. 

He saw taehyung laying on the bed, covered in the duvet. He could hear sniffing from the younger's end. He knew the younger was quietly sobbing and but he didn't regress into the headspace. He walked in further, trying not to scare the younger who was already gloomy about the scene prior. 

"Tae" The elder softly called out as he kneeled on the ground by the bed. He softly brushed his finger through his hair in a soothing way trying to calm down the sobbing younger. 

Taehyung sniffed as he turned around hesitantly to look at the elder in front of him. "Why are you crying?" Jeongguk asked, wiping his tears with the back of his hand. Taehyung sniffed and hiccuped as he tried to talk. "My stomach hurts, Jeongguk" He cried holding his stomach and looking at the elder with teary eyes. 

Jeongguk frowned at the reason. what made younger hurt his stomach hurt out of nowhere? Apparently, he didn't leave the house to have the outside junk. He averted his attention back to Taehyung. 

"Can you tell kookie what did you eat the whole day?" He asked gently, massaging his scalp subconsciously. His caregiver instincts kicked and kookie rolled out of his tongue that he didn't seem to realise as he referred.  Taehyung was not in a state of mind to bother the child-like talk and care Jeongguk was giving him despite his age and headspace right now. He eyed and looked around, thinking of all the foods he had in that particular day. 

"Apple, eggs, milk, chicken.....and there was some fried item that I had later in the afternoon, almost an hour before I came to your room" Taehyung replied as he sniffed and hiccuped between his sentences, making Jeongguk frown in puzzlement. 

The elder remembers serving him Apples, eggs, milk, and Chicken. But he wasn't sure about the last food that the younger had mentioned at the last. Mostly, Rose is the one who cooks food. He decided to ask her. He fished the mobile from his pocket before ringing Rose. 

"Hey, Ro, have you made anything like fries today?" He immediately asked as soon as she answered the call. Rose thought about it for a while before she recollected what she had made. 

"ah Yeah, Gguk! I made Fish Orlys for Joon sir today. He asked for them in the morning. I made them earlier and put them aside" She replied, confused. 

"Why is something wrong?" she asked again, curiously. 

"I-i'll talk to you a little later," He said and immediately cut the call. His hands were trembling a little as he placed the phone aside. He looked around the room curiously until he his eyes finally landed on the drawer he was searching for. He immediately rushed towards it and grabbed the box of pills from there. 

He unscrewed it immediately and took a pill out. He immediately strode towards the younger who seemed to still sniff and sob in pain. 

"Sit up, Tae. If you take this, you will soon be alright." As he assisted the younger in sitting up, Jeongguk said. He sat down on the edge of the bed by his side and lifted his upper body as he wrapped his arm around his shoulder. As he leaned his back against his chest, he pulled the younger person closer. Taehyung's distress at the movement could be heard in his hearing. He was making every effort to be gentle.

"You'll feel better after having this." The elder instructed as he placed the tablet in the younger's mouth and then made him instantly drink water from his bottle to wash away the bitter aftertaste in his mouth.