30

Jeongguk was driving back home late at night. He had to stay back for a meeting at Namjoon's company. He was just happy. The shareholders loved his presentations and were impressed by Jeongguk's character and personality. He was called a gentleman. Him being him politely bowed at the compliments from his seniors. Namjoon had a proud smile and the younger couldn't be happier.

The lane was eerily quiet. Jeongguk had soft music playing in his car. He hummed before he stopped by the store to run errands. He grabbed milk formula containers for both Ji-ah and taehyung. He kept adding stuff like wipes, diapers, snacks, vegetables, strawberry milk and a few more things that were really needed. He paid the cashier and walked out of the convenience store. 

He carried the heavy bag as his veins popped out of his arms that were exposed after he rolled his sleeves up revealing his inked arm. The rustling of the plastic in his arms could be heard in the silence that engulfed the atmosphere. It was breezy just like the way he loved.

He placed the bag in the front seat. He was going to walk back to his seat by walking around. He clicked his door open when he suddenly heard faint thuds and grunts from the alley beside the convenient store. 

He frowned. This wasn't the first time stopping by this store. He visited this area a lot of times. It was just 15 mins away from where he lives now. He never has heard of any kind of ruckus from here. He was pretty sure someone's getting beaten black and blue. He recognises how voices sound when someone gets beaten up. He was a victim once upon a time too but he fought back equally hard. He never was a coward. He never will be.

He knew it wouldn't be safe for him to peer at the fight. Curiosity just took over him. He just hoped that it wasn't some innocent per cent getting beaten up. That'd be horrible and pitiful to watch. 

"Just get the work done, fucktard or you will see the worst!" a man with a hoodie and a mask on barked at the person who was crouching down against the wall, trying to cover his face with his arms, avoiding getting hurt. But his attempt only went in vain when he was pulled by his hair and was blown by punches square in the face. The man grunted in pain and hissed when his hair was pulled back harshly, very close to being plucked out of the scalp. It was a strong grip. 

"l-let go" He rasped. the highest points of his face were glistening in sweat that was being reflected by the moonlight. His eyes trickled with tears and crinkled hard in agony. Blood dripped through his nose as he took every punch by the man. His forehead was already bruised and he had a black eye. His shirt was already torn apart. Visible bruises and deep cuts were visible on his arms and cheekbone. They really looked unbearable. 

Jeongguk had blurred vision of the view. It was dark and he couldn't make their faces out clearly. He could say that a man in a hoodie and mask was abusing the guy who was crouching down holding out for his life. He sprinted forward into the alley.

Jeongguk played the Police siren on his phone which alerted the man in the hoodie. "Who's there? What's happening here?" He snarled as he looked at the man tensing up and looking around to escape. Jeongguk didn't want to fight but he wanted to bail the man out. He didn't want to go home with bruises. Taehyung would be scared. He thought it'd be smart to use the siren. 

The man in the mask looked one last at the crouched man before him and gave him one last kick "Get ready by tomorrow. You can delay no more" He spat before running way to the opposite direction. 

The crouched man fell on the dirty road, panting heavily as the blood oozed out of his mouth and nose. He almost found solace on the dirty floor. He didn't have any amount of energy to scream for help. He let his body fall limp on the ground.