Davi

After a 15 minutes drive, I got to Neymar's house. I parked the car and got out of it. Before knocking at the door, I decided to take a deep breath and try calm down the nerves.

'Okay, you got this.' I said to myself and knocked at the door.

Neymar opened the door with a smile on his face and gave me a kiss.

'Come, come in.' he said dragging me inside, making me laugh.

'What's with the rush?' I said chuckling.

He positioned himself in front of me. 'You're a massive part of my life now, and you know that.' he said looking at me. 'And it's only fair that you get to meet Davi.' he said with a smile on his face.

I didn't say anything, as the nervousness took control over me again, something that Neymar realised instantly.

'Hey.' he said grabbing my hands. 'It's going to be okay. He's going to love you.' he said nodding his head.

We walked into the living room, where Davi was sat on the couch watching a movie. He quickly turned his head towards us, his eyes meeting mine.

I've seen Davi in pictures before. But I never realised how similar to Ney he was the more you looked at him. He might've not looked so much like him, as he had dirty blonde hair, really dark brown eyes and fair skin. But he was incredibly beautiful, just the perfect mix between his mother and his father.

I smiled at him, trying not to swallow the knot I had in my throat.

To many, meeting your partner's child might come across as nothing. But to me, it was a great deal. Not only because of how much Neymar adores him and how much he speaks about him, but because I don't want Davi to think I'm trying to play house and pretend I'm his mother. Yes, I can love him like one and take care of him like one, but I'll never be his mother and I don't expect him to even see me as that. I want us to be able to get along and create a close bond, enough to be able to call eachother best friends.

He got up from the couch and walked towards us, with a blank expression on his face. I smiled and nodded my head, extending my hand towards him to introduce myself, but to my surprise he went in for a hug, wrapping his arms around me.

'Hey, there.' I said returning the hug, all of a sudden becoming more calm.

'I heard you speak English.' he said taking a step back and looking at me. 'Do you think you can teach me?' he said with a smile on his face, making me chuckle.

'Of course I can.' I said with a smile.

His english wasn't bad at all. You could hear quite of an heavy accent, but that's understandable as he lives with his mother in Barcelona and speaks Spanish and Portuguese.

'Scream?' I asked turning my head towards the TV and then back at him.

'You've watched Scream?' he asked surprise.

'Of course I have.' I said almost hurt, making him laugh. 'I love horror movies.'

With that, he grabbed me by my hand and led me towards the couch. I glanced at Neymar who had the biggest smile on his face.

'I told you.' he mouthed.

***

After the movie was done, Davi turned around to face me, without saying anything and just staring at me.

'Can I help you?' I said with a smile on my face.

'You're really pretty.'

'Thank you.' I said taken by surprise. 'You're very handsome yourself.' I smiled.

New Beginnings On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara