Brazil v Switzerland

After last night's game we all went to have a little celebration. Me and the girls caught up about everything that's happened since the last time I saw them. We then discussed Ela's feelings for Gavi, which are still there, but she doesn't want to make any moves on him. And I promised her and him that I won't get involved and play Cupid.

Argh.

Pedri's parents and Fer are leaving today, so I spent some of the night with them too, catching up and gossiping about what's been happening back home and here. Maria poured hundreds of compliments over me and thanked me a dozen times for taking care of Pedri and loving him almost as much as she does.

***

'Fue muy bueno verte.' (It was really good seeing you.) I hugged Maria in the lobby.

'Gracias... por todo lo que.' (Thank you... for everything.) she said quietly.

'Siempre es un placer.' (It's always a pleasure.) I said softly.

After saying their goodbyes to the rest of the group, which included their son, Ela, Gavi, Kylian and Luca, they headed towards their car to drop them off to the jet.

'You okay?' my head turned to the side to look at Pedri.

He nodded his head without saying anything, his eyes still stuck towards the exit of the hotel.

'Are you sure?' I placed my hand gently on his.

'It's always weird saying goodbye to them.' he smiled softly, shrugging his shoulders.

'I know...' I let out a sigh, smiling at him. 'Well, me and Mr. Demie have to head to work so you three behave.' I said pointing from Gavi to Kylian and then Pedri. 'And don't drive Ela crazy.'

'Oh, they can try.' she said putting her hands on her hips and staring them down.

'Wow, so terrifying.' Luca chuckled.

'I almost got scared.' Kylian laughed.

'The look is very convincing.' Gavi nodded his head.

'We'll be fine.' Pedri laughed and gave me a kiss. 'I love you.'

'I love you.' I smiled and headed towards the exit with Luca.

***

'What the hell are you doing here?' I asked Neymar with a smile as soon as I saw him.

He gave me a quick hug and then greeted Luca.

'Aren't you meant to be in your hotel room recovering?' Luca asked.

'I'm okay...' he shrugged his shoulders. 'I can't force the ankle but that doesn't mean I can't come to watch the team train.'

'I hope you're not doing anything stupid.' I told him. 'This is your career and your future on the line.'

'I'm fine, stop worrying.' he smiled.

All of a sudden I felt a presence joining us. 'Irina...' Richarlison said quietly.

I ignored him completely.

'Can we talk?' he added. 'Please.'

'Round up the team, let's get to work.' I told Luca and walked away from the three boys.

***

'It's really good to see your lovelies faces again.' I address the team, a smile on my face. 'Today I have a little game prepared for you, of course, after your training.'

'There's a trivia game and a this or that 30 second game.' Luca added.

'Can the players that ain't playing play too?' Neymar raised his hand and asked.