World Cup Final

I woke up with a feeling of... a feeling of nothingness. I didn't want to speak to anyone, I didn't want to see anyone and most certainly I wished I was somewhere else but here.

Everything that has happened throughout the World Cup happened for this day. Every team that has fought, every tear, every laughter, every chant, every celebration.

Everything led to this final dance.

This final dance that was taking place between Argentina and France.

***

'Hey.' I told Luca while taking a seat at the table.

'Hey.' he replied.

None of us could say anything else. We sat there in silence, eating our breakfast, preparing for the final.

And just like me, Luca was somehow lifeless.

***

'Hey.' I smiled at the players gathered in front of us.

We decided to meet with France's national team first and then with Argentina's.

'I've been trying to think about the right words to say... something that I haven't said before...' I chuckled slightly. 'But I came up with nothing.'

'Today is going to be a tough day. Someone's going to lose.' Luca said. 'And with you, so will a nation.'

'But that doesn't change the fact that you've given your all, and once again, proved to the whole world who you are and what you can do.' I said. 'You've made us proud, you've made them proud, your families, friends, yourselves.'

'You're probably tired of constantly hearing how proud people are of you and how you are the greatest, no matter what happens.' Luca smiled.

'You've done it before, so you can do it again.' I said softly. 'But if that doesn't happen, I don't want you to beat yourselves over it. It'll hurt and you might think that there was something you could've done better, but that's not the case.' I shook my head. 'You've done everything and you've given everything. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.'

The players smiled softly, clapping.

***

💬❤️ 3,748,091 people liked this photo

equipedefrance Don't forget to tune in and watch the final dance between France and Argentina🙏🏼

comments

user16 crying rn i can't

user9 oh my god

user10 may the best one win

user23 i'm already crying

view all 4,758 comments