A Late Birthday Present

'I'm getting so used in spending everyday with you.' Pedri said in a low tone, making my whole body vibrate. 'All of you.' he said huskily.

His nose brushed mine as he looked at me.

Me and Pedri have spent the following week from my birthday literally stuck to eachother, turning into a version of Sira and Ferran.

The truth is, the two of us just can't stay off of eachother.

One of my hands goes to the back of his head while his hands are perfectly placed around my waist. His tongue swept across my bottom lip parting them, his hands now exploring my body.

'I know this is such a turn off...' I said quietly, breaking off the kiss. 'But you have to get to training.' I chuckled, a groan escaping his lips.

'Should we try a record break?' he smiled and met my lips once again.

I moved back, chuckling at his expression. 'As much as I would love to, tomorrow is the Supercopa de España Final, which means that you need to do your training and tomorrow fly out to Saudi Arabia.'

'Come with me.' he smiled.

'Just because you have to deal with training and Xavi, it doesn't mean that I have to.'

'Come on...' he said and grabbed my hand, pulling me off the bed.

I let out a sigh and straightened myself. 'Fine.'

***

We got to the training centre, Gavi, Raphinha and Araujo rushing towards us as soon as they saw us.

'Oh my God, you haven't been at our training in ages.' Araujo said. 'I thought you abandoned us.' he chuckled.

'More like glue herself to Pedri.' Gavi frowned his eyebrows. 'I barely get to spend time with you two anymore.'

Raphinha placed himself in between me and Pedri, throwing his arms around our shoulders. 'This is what happens when you're in love.' he said dramatically. 'You would know if you—'

'I'm going to hit you.' Gavi cut him off, making us laugh.

***

'Miss Davies, what a surprise.' Xavi said as soon as I stepped out on the training pitch.

'My favourite coach!' I smiled. 'Oh, how I missed you.'

'Very nice of you to visit us.' he said. 'I thought you finally moved on. Left.'

'I'm offended that you think I'll just abandon you.'

He rolled his eyes playfully and turned his body towards me. 'I'm glad you came in today as I wanted to speak to you about something.'

I wasn't saying anything, just scanning his expressions carefully.

'I couldn't help but notice how comfortable the boys are around you and I've seen what you can do regarding your job and how you react in tough situations...'

His words started fading out in my head.

Was he going to offer me a job?

'Irina?' Xavi asked, startling me. 'What do you say? Do you want to be our social media manager?'

Damn.

'Looks like I grew on you.' I nodded my head with a smile.

'Is that your answer?'

'I would love to, but on my terms.' I smirked.

'I'm the one offering you a job, Irina.' he chuckled.

'Every job comes with negotiations and terms.' I shrugged my shoulders. 'Are you ready to hear mine?'

He didn't say anything, just shook his head with a smile, signalling with his hand to go ahead. 

As much as I would love to have Luca by my side here, knowing that he would of declined my offer, I couldn't take him away from Kylian. I told them to stick together and look out for each other so that's what I'm going to let them do.

'I need to work with someone I get along with, someone that I know can do the best work and someone I can trust.' I said sternly. 'I won't ask you to pay them separately as I know the club has a few financial problems, but my salary will be split in two from where my colleague can gets their fair share.'

He looked at me with an expression I couldn't decipher, and after a few moments extended his arm towards me.

'Every time I think you can't surprise me even more, you pull stuff like this.' he chuckled.

'I'm just good at my job.' I shrugged my shoulders with a smile and shook his hand.

And I'm back in the game.

***

The boys just finished their training, so Xavi turned around to face me.

'You can just do your little presentation now.' he smiled, nodding his head. 'Make it official.'

'Sure.' I smiled.

'Boys I need you to give me a few minutes of your precious times as I would like to introduce to you our new social media manager.'

The boys' eyes instantly turned to me, Pedri, Ferran, Araujo, Gavi and Raphinha clapping and cheering excitedly.

'Thank you so much.' I smiled. 'You guys already know me, some more than the others...' I chuckled. 'but we've gotten along just fine and we've also had the opportunity to work together for a few days, so you've seen my working style.' I said softly. 'I won't be working alone, but alongside a special guest who you'll meet tomorrow.' Pedri's eyes met mine, a sparkle in them. 'You guys are free to go and I can't wait to work with you.'

Before the players exited, Pedri rushed towards me and placed a kiss on my lips and then sprinted towards the entrance to the centre.

I let out a soft chuckle and turned to Xavi. 'Thank you.' I said softly. 'Really.'

'A late birthday present.' he winked and left me on the pitch.