You Can't Buy Me

'It's okay.' I laughed, shaking my head. 'I don't really care.'

'You should.' Luca turned to face me.

'Why do you both look so terrified?' I laughed. 'I doubt she's scarier than me.'

'It's not about that.' Kylian said quietly. 'She's probably going to try to annoy you.'

'I'll be okay.' I said reassuringly. 'This night will go just right.'

***

After chatting to a few of the players and their partners, and after a few shots with Luca, I was now sitting down at our assigned table.

'You look like a cute chicken.' Kimpembe said with his thick french accent.

'Should I take that as a compliment or insult?' I laughed.

'A compliment.' he chuckled, taking a seat. 'Where are the boys?'

'Kylian is talking to someone and Luca is taking a toilet break.'

'Have you seen him?'

'If you're talking about Neymar, no.' I shook my head. 'I managed to avoid them all night. I'm really starting to believe that they aren't even here.' I chuckled softly.

'Do you want me to show you where they are?'

'No,no,no.' I smiled. 'I'll like to keep it this way the entire night.'

After chatting a little bit more to him about Barcelona, he excused himself and left me alone once again. I decided to stand up and make my way towards the bar to get myself a drink. Blocking everyone around me and trying not to look around, I feel someone grabbing my arm and stopping me in my track.

A feminine grip.

I looked at the hand, noticing a very nice ring on her finger. I straightened myself, my eyes meeting hers.

Bruna. Great.

I gently yanked my arm away from her grip, a smile on my face. 'Hey there.'

'Irina!' she said excitedly. 'How nice is seeing you here.'

'Thank you.' I nodded my head softly.

'Who's plus one are you tonight?' she smiled.

God, please give me strength not to grab her and mop this whole venue with her.

'Oh, I got the invitation from Galtier.' I smiled. 'So I'm not a plus one.'

By her reaction, I know she understood exactly what I meant and where I was aiming. Surprisingly, she kept her fake smile on.

'I love your dress.' she gestured to my clothing. 'Who are you wearing?'

'Valentino.' I said proudly.

'Ouuu.' she smirked. 'How long are you planning on staying in France?'

What is this? A fucking police interrogation?

'I don't know yet.' I shrugged my shoulders. 'I missed Paris a lot and...' I took a deep breath. 'I was actually thinking of accepting an offer I received.' I smirked.

'What about Barcelona?'

'Don't think it's the right place for me.' I said softly.

By her reaction, I had her exactly where I wanted her. She was terrified of the idea of me moving back here.

'It was really good seeing you.' I said placing my hand on her arm. 'But the bar is really calling my name.' I chuckled.

'Sure.' she chuckled. 'I'll see you around.'