Chapter 16: Apprenticeship Test (Part 1)

Kairos looked at the master Edgar from the corner of his eyes. He has three masters of great renown and know exactly how to strike the weak point of someone like Edgar Silverforge.

Right now Edgar is standing closely to several people who are slowly sipping their precious ale. None of them would share a sip with this dwarven master despite wanting to get into his good books.

It can't be helped.

The perfect blend and the intoxicating taste is but a fraction of the ale's pull.

Kairos had infused all his knowledge of herbs learned from Helena, combined with the secrets he gleaned with Heart's Echo, and the way of cultivation, into his brew.

On Gaia, cultivators are also known as those on the path to immortality.

Each of them have a unique path of their own known as Dao, and cultivating their Dao is what makes them be known as Cultivators.

On Axis, there are no cultivators at all on the surface.

At least besides the Time-space ring Kairos had picked up, there is no evidence of their presence.

Dao can be of any type, like forging, brewing, healing, or combat, and there is a saying that they all lead to one source.

When Kairos offered them a drink, he inevitably shown them a glimpse of his Dao.

It is attraction that no mortals could resist.

They seemed to be guided by heaven's will to breath in the drink and by the time they finished they stared at the empty cup with longingness.

The delight of the tongue is mere passing, but the grasp of Dao will become a nourishing sustenance for them.

Of course, this is not all of the drink's benefits. Kairos had brewed it to be a part of his healing concoction. Although its effects are seemingly limited that is only relative to Kairos's Titan physique.

For the usual folk that are not a step away from immortalhood through external cultivation, this is a treasured healthy drink.

It is made to excite one's cells, granting excellent rejuvenation and boosting vigour. For the next few days, those who had a sig will experience a great restoration and feel years younger.

And those already young will have stronger bodies. Much, much, stronger.

Furthermore, the liquor is still in the state of incomplete.

When it fully matures – taste, Dao, and health - every benefit it has will only be more.

At the side, Master Edgar finally took hold of an empty cup and stood there with obvious disappointment on his face.

Kairos turned his face over and made an expression of great surprise, "Master Edgar! I was hoping to learn from you your craft."

The master's eyes sparkled. He quickly returned the cup and hurried over to Kairos. On the way, he recovered the demeanour a master blacksmith should have and recomposed himself.

Kairos immediately offered a pot of ale to the master with a smile, "For a chance to be taken under your apprenticeship."

The dwarf almost pounced on the liquor like a cat on a mouse but stopped himself with immense self-control.

"You know, you have to be tested for your talent. If you fail, I'm not going to return this to you," Edgar says with hands hovering above the pot.

The goods changed hands with a fair warning that the concoction had not yet matured, and then the dwarf master brought Kairos into the hut for his test.