Chapter 60: To become Cultivators

The meaning of throwing a captured high noble onto the table while talking terms did not escape these men. After all, they are all stationed at the top, and are the most keenly aware of power.

The goal of these younglings is clear, they would like to return home. But doing so means that Axis Mundi will be exposed to a world stronger than their own and no one can be certain that they are not inviting invaders if they allow such a thing.

Yet, Thunderstalk is a fine example of how concerned Kairos, and his group are about being attacked.

That's right. The lad had shown his fangs, and none can bear the cost of belittling him.

The Gnome King is paying for that mistake now.

Knowing that no one here can accept the possibility of being subjugated by a higher power, Kairos' terms must be made on the fine balance of strength and peace.

The lad did not intend to disappoint. Besides, Lulatia, Boink, and Clef are here to witness if they had picked the right person to follow.

"I'm certain you will like my proposal. Saint Empire is one of the superpowers of Gaia, but she is not without her enemies. I would like to borrow a place to hone soldiers on the Axis Mundi. What do you say?"

The Gnome King sneered, "What do I say? Of course, no! You think I'll let you borrow my people to fight your wars? What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking you'll not only say yes, but you'll be also eager to jump onboard."

This time, he did not scoff at Kairos. The lad had truly piqued his interest.

"Explain properly."

Kairos stood up from his seat, walked over, and with permission from the Gnome King sent a strand of Ki through his finger into the latter's arm. Immediately, he felt stronger as a jolt of energy flow through.

However, just as he was about to enjoy the comfort, the fleeting euphoria already left.

"T... that... what is that?"

"Ki," Kairos explained, "It is refined Heavenly Energies and the main force harnessed by our warriors. This energy is what makes Gaia much more dangerous than Axis Mundi. Not only the humans, any creature or plant that can harness this energy will become terrifying existences."

The gnomes immediately became filled with curiosity when they heard about unknown creatures, "How do they compare to the beasts of Axis Mundi that became tainted by mana?

Dwarf King also looked over intently, waiting for an answer.

Kairos thought on it then said, "Strong. Very strong."

He paused a little looking at the gnomes and on seeing their intense gazes locked onto him he explained the four types of creatures found on Gaia.

The Magic Beasts or Magical Beasts are the same as the creatures on Axis Mundi and can control the forces of nature. The Spirit Beasts harness the Heavenly Energies and develop powerful bodies and unique abilities. The offspring of the devil-possessed, the Demon Beasts, have powerful fighting and regenerative abilities. And the rarely seen Divine Beasts that are considered a higher form of existence can control transcendent elements and create miracles that are otherwise impossible.

Suddenly the three gnomes' focus turned to the Magic Beasts of Gaia. If those from Gaia are strong because of Heavenly Energies and Ki then how are the mana tainted creatures, the Magic Beasts?

Kairos smiled. This is the same question he had researched the first few weeks of arriving in Axis Mundi. The creatures here maybe Magic Beasts like the ones on Gaia but they lacked a certain something.