Chapter 27: Convincing the Senior Disciples (Part 2)

A little while later, in the midst of frying and sizzling, one by one the chefs that woke up.

Kairos took a look at them and smiled, "Food will be ready soon. Don't worry, I've prepared enough for everyone."

Somehow when Kairos was preparing the ingredients, everyone else except for Leo had fell unconscious.

The culprit was the Nightmare Shroom, a dangerous plant that could cause permanent sleep to any creature that venture close. Those in slumber will be infected with numerous Nightmare Shroom spores and their bodies will become nutrients.

When Kairos took out this mushroom, only Leo managed to counteract the sedative spores.

By the time the chefs woke up, Kairos is already finishing up his cooking. They felt a deep sense of regret not to be able to see the entire process.

However, when they thought they will be able to taste the dishes of this great chef, excitement bubbled in their hearts again.

Even if Kairos is about to finish, the chefs widened their eyes and looked carefully. If possible, they want to burn every detail into their mind.

A little while later, the table is set. The rooms that Leo and Relestia rented had a huge courtyard with a table large enough for them to have a feast.

The group dug in as though they had not seen food for weeks. Even the dwarves, Sparrow and her father, were eating like they are right at home. Actually, the older dwarf wanted to speak a few humble words and thank them for the dinner, but the moment one dish of delicacy after another was placed on the table he can only gulp nonstop.

In fact, he is quite certain if he don't eat those food, he will regret for life. No, it's more accurate to say that if he don't eat them the next moment, he will die. A death of drowning... from his own saliva!

The same is happening for everyone on this table, and likewise could be said for the chefs in the kitchen.

When they were about to finish, Kairos opened casks of ale for everyone and it truly became like a celebration.

He specifically visited the chefs holding several pots. Those dwarven cooks was about to bombard Kairos with praises and questions when they saw his ale.

True to their dwarven nature, the chefs immediately downed all the drinks and knocked themselves out.

When he came back, he saw that all of them are drunk and lying all over the place. The ale he made had fully bloomed and its strength is considerable.

Of course, Linda did not drink any alcohol because it would be bad for a growing child, and because her idol told her not to so all she had was juice today.

She asked Kairos to tug her in to bed, and quickly fell asleep after Kairos told her some stories of Gaia.

Afterwards, Kairos picked up his unconscious friends and threw them onto different beds.

Soon, the only one still sleeping at the table is the princess. Kairos had left her last because he blushed terribly when he thought to carry her. After some thought, he finally covered the Relestia with a thick fluffy blanket before picking her up in a princess cradle carry. It's as if he has an irrational fear that she might melt if touched directly.

As Kairos embraced her, he immediately felt her soft and limp the drunk girl was in his arms. Her helplessness and vulnerability caused a powerful wave of protectiveness wash over him.

At this moment, Kairos became hyper aware of Relestia's tiniest movements and became paralysed. He secretly wondered how did he even sent the others to bed.