Chapter 93: Meeting Old Friends

Kairos took in a shuddering breath as the battle ended. A lot had happened but merely seconds have passed. His face went deathly pale partly from the vigorous movements but mostly because he used the War God's Epithet. The soul art extracts a tremendous amount of energy from him just to project an astral form that could bypass all physical and most energy barriers and is the only method to attack someone in the middle of a teleportation spell.

Kairos looked at the soul he had retrieved and realised one thing. His astral form could hold the living soul of another! He looked at Von Von and suddenly had an idea.

"Aisa, can I save Sparrow and Von Von?"

The small dragonling thought for a bit, as though something is holding her back, but eventually replied.

Kai, your soul is special. Do you remember the devil that was possessing Relestia?

"The one I vanquished?"

Yes, it did not disappear but made powerless when you broke it down into the tiniest pieces.

Kairos nodded, recalling the events.

And then it was deposited into your sub-conscious.

Kairos' eyes widened so much he almost thought they will pop out.

"What do you mean deposited?!"

Just thinking that such a disgusting soul parasite is residing inside makes him feel like clawing it out.

That's what Aisa meant that your soul is special Kai~ If you don't store the devils you vanquish, they might come back one day! Don't worry, that devil is neutralized for sure.

Kairos can only nod dumbly. He should have expected this when he heard that souls cannot be destroyed.

Kai~ If you want, you can invite the elf and the dwarf to the place where the devil is stored

"Will it be safe for them?"

There is no problem! Your soul will only suppress those who are impure or evil

"Okay, tell me what I need to do?"

First, close your eyes and shift your consciousness into your astral form

Kairos tried it for a bit but nothing happened until Aisa suggested for him to enter the selfless state first.

The pure-self state is to maximise one's connection with the body and feel everything more sensitively, whereas the selfless state is to detach one from the body completely and retreat into the recess of the mind or even escape the shackles of the flesh.

The Origin Cultivation Method is a one-way fast track to help Kairos move his conscious to his astral form. In fact, the actual use of the cultivation method is to deal with devils in both their corporal and incorporeal forms.

The view of the world changed the moment Kairos saw through the eyes of his war soul. Colours like he had never known appeared all around him. Things that he cannot see in the past became visible, like soundwaves, emotions, auras, scents, and all other things, including those of the spiritual realm. The human eye is sorely limited to the visible spectrum, but the war soul can see everything. Even Kairos' ocular ability with the Veritable Sight is limited to the physical world, although it is capable of seeing through objects and illusions that the war soul cannot.

When the war soul looked around, he quickly found Von Von's spirit, and with Aisa's help, Kairos gently coaxed her into holding his hand. With a firm pull, he led her out of her dying flesh.