Chapter 39: The Grimmest Smile of Gaia

The other members of the renovation team looked blankly at the dead bodies on the ground, and then at Kairos.

Everything happened in an instant. So quickly that it is likely none of the dead realised they were killed before passing on to the next life.

The foreman stammered, "Young master, surely you are not planning to wage a war?"

The others reeled back at his words. They again looked at the direction Kairos was staring and realised it is in the direction of the gnomes embassy.

Surely not?

Kairos laughed, as if a great burden had been lifted from him and said, "Why stay my hand?"

At that moment, there was a blinding flash of purple light covering the room as Kairos briefly released his mana. When sight returned his clothes changed into the white robes that he like to wear on Gaia.

The robes fluttered without wind aroused by the frightening magic released from him. Holy and Life magic entwined the fabrics and seemed to make him glow.

Kairos slowly tied up his long black hair for the coming battle which sparkled like the stars of the night sky in the dim crystal lights.

A long shimmering sword with a tinge of blue on its steel appeared on the lad's hand. This is the weapon Kairos forged to gain Edgar's approval.

Then, the he took a step forward. Instantly the wall in front of him broke apart to reveal a hole tall enough for a human to walk through.

A frightening Sword Aura swept around him.

Kairos is not an established swordsman like Jones and do not have his Sword Mastery, but nevertheless, his presence now is no weaker.

He continued towards the gnomes' embassy, taking each step forward slowly like a regular person instead of a cultivator, yet the pressure emitted is enough to suffocate those in his path.

Like a sharp blade is cutting through, the sparingly few drunks and partygoers in the street scrambled away, pissing their pants and whimpering.

Those dealing with shady businesses in the alley went deathly pale as he passed, in that moment they felt as though the sword of judgement hanged above their head.

That was the moment in their lives that each of them sincerely repented and prayed to be given a second chance.

At this hour, most of the gnomes in the city had gathered in the embassy, with the exception of those who are still working on baiting Kairos out. Those uninvolved had already travelled back to the Royal Garden City – none of them are willing to live with the dwarves which they secretly despises.

It isn't wrong to say that there are no gnomes in the city that is innocent.

In the gnomes' embassy, the leaders of this operation are having a meeting, still oblivious to the approaching danger.

Because of the special status that gnomes enjoy within the dwarven city, the humans and elves came over believing that this is the safest place they could find.

Never did they expect someone would be crazy enough to do a full frontal assault on the embassy.

Unfortunately, they do not know the opponent they face this time.

With a single slash, Kairos cut through both magical and physical barriers guarding the building. The tall iron fence crash down with a din and the protection ward had a large crack. In front of his eyes, the weaknesses of any defences are glaring.

"Intruder!"

"Everyone gather!"

Guards shouted and there was a frantic rush of feet as they encircled the intruder that had boldly strolled in.