Chapter 40: Raiding the Embassy

The ten people facing Kairos had grim expressions.

The lad's information ran across their minds.

A hero summoned from another world. Although he is a life magic user with a Class 9 Demiurge Aura, he displayed no knowledge of Aura Arts prior to his summoning. And it is likely the same for magic because all the spells Kairos used thus far was confined within the limits of Circle 1. Even for Chantless Spellcasting, he displayed poor aptitude, it was undeniable that this is the first time he learned this rudimentary skill.

Therefore they concluded, he came from a world that should be without magic and aura. Although the lad claimed to be a Great General and display feats of incredible physical strength even more than a dwarf, they had handled plenty of dwarves before. Even someone considerably stronger at the level of a dwarven war general can be contained with the right forces.

That was why there are three fighters equivalent to Class 9 employed for this mission, and plenty of Class 8 around. Those below this strength are even more.

However, in a single exchange... no perhaps it cannot be considered an exchange given how one-sided it was, Kairos had taken down five of them.

The traveller from another world that is thought to be a newbie in Aura Arts shown phenomenal power in battle. After reflecting on what happened, his opponents came to a conclusion: The strength they saw lies in the combat art.

Combat techniques exists no matter which world one is in, the only difference is the requirement differs.

Without a doubt, the skills Kairos displayed is truly top tiered, however, the main attribute Kairos used was physical strength, supplemented by the Sword Aura he developed.

It was a terrifying power that overcame his foes with fear. They faced him like they would against a Grand Cross Knight.

However, the next moment, more than a hundred magic arrow appeared behind the lad.

It was exactly a hundred and twenty, meaning that a dozen was prepared for each enemy.

The spell is a Circle 1 arcane type magic that every mage is familiar with, yet at this moment it felt oppressive to these Class 7 and 8 fighters.

The two remaining Stage 7 gnomish Forest Guards took the frontlines believing that their bulk and unique plant abilities will make them into sturdy bruisers.

Right behind them is the bearded nobleman, a powerful Class 8 Aura Knightlord – the word 'lord' is added to the title to those suitable to command the battlefield.

On the flanks are the remaining three Class 8 Aura Knights as well as the only Class 8 Aura Mage – a melee spellcaster popular in the human kingdoms.

Behind the bearded nobleman is the three elves.

A Circle 8 Assault Mage, a Circle 7 Spellsinger, and a Circle 7 Arcane Archer.

They felt ready to face this lad whom they judged to be a Class 9 Aura Pugilist – a role infrequently seen because humans lacked the physical endowment to be bestowed such a title.

The holders of Aura Pugilist titles are often dwarves who had somehow managed to learn about Aura, or humans who might be weaker physically but could use buff spells that made up that difference.

Still, Aura Pugilists might be rarer but are far from any real threat.

In fact, most consider them simple brutes except they have commanding presences.

However, this as a baseless misunderstanding.

Aura is infinite as long as one's will does not break, and brutes tend to have a straightforward persistence that let them ignore pain and fear until the fight is over. In other words, the two attributes had amazing synergy.