Chapter 23: Egg Gambling (Part 2)

What Kairos asked for is simply impossible, but they couldn't immediately pass up what they could win from him either.

The young men and women discussed among themselves for a while then quickly sent messages back to their family.

Kairos patiently waited. Despite everyone was starting to feel hungry they couldn't pass up the show.

Looking at how confident Kairos is, Leo and Relestia could only pity their opponents. Linda who is a little too young to fully understand what was happening only had to hear from her father that Kairos is going to fix up the baddies and she was happy enough to have a late dinner.

Kairos ruffled the hair of the matured little girl then promised to make her the best meal she ever had.

After waiting a good half an hour, as the girlie and her companions came back looking for Kairos with their answer.

The human male spoke for his group, "Do you know the things you asked for?"

Without waiting for Kairos to reply, he continued, "These are the secrets of our race. The bid is imbalanced."

Kairos nodded, "Then what do your families propose?"

The man sighed and said, "What you wanted had to be brought back to the leaders of each race. I don't know how you did it, but they agreed... with some amendments, of course."

Kairos nodded again.

"If you win, you may study the elves' magic, the gnomes' herbalist, and humans' aura books but only for ten days each for a total of thirty days. As an Aura Master yourself, I don't know why you still need to refer to the books, but no matter."

The young man shrugged. He had asked his father why a Class 9 Aura Master would need to study the manuals again.

He told him that at the end of the road, sometimes to find a way forward many grand aura masters and Grand Cross Knights will study others to discover their own path. But this meant, Kairos wouldn't be able to explain either because he is not really at Class 9's strength.

The young man waited for Kairos to accept this term before moving on. The leader of the three races believed that Kairos would not be able to study the texts enough to make sense of them, much less to copy everything.

However, Kairos accepted it without a shred of hesitation.

Following that the young man added, "If you lose, each of the three race wants you to work for them for a decade. During which, you must impart any knowledge and skill asked of you."

"Done," Kairos said simply and offered a handshake. The young man was amazed how quickly Kairos accepted the terms but he was glad that things went smoothly. After all, this is no longer a game between young men and women, but linked to profits their race could acquire.

If the young man had Kairos' experience, he would be terribly suspicious. Of course, even then, there is nothing to work on.

The two shook on it, and surprisingly the young man brought out a magical contract. This is the first time Kairos had seen something like that, but it is binding to all parties with their names written on it, to the terms stated. He could see that the leaders of each race had already placed their signatures.

Once he agrees, all the terms will be valid. Kairos took the contract and studied it. Besides the content, he was wildly curious of how this contract was made.

After a while, when Kairos had made sure that every part of it is correct, he returned it with his signature.

The young man, now visibly pleased, took the contract and carefully kept it.