Chapter 24: Egg Gambling (Part 3)

The next one in line is the elf. After he pretended to guess and look for a while, he picked the manticore egg and happily stepped aside with it in his arms.

When Kairos looked at the egg, he had a strange look on his face.

The following person is the young man. In his arrogance, he did not put up much of a show and quickly selected an egg. It is quite obvious that he is cheating, but no one have any evidence.

The egg the young man chose was the previous number one choice for Kairos, and now ranked two on his list.

"It seems that they already know what the prizes are."

Aisa believes the storekeeper is helping them. Shall Aisa help you?

"How are you planning to help?"

Aisa can...

"Wait, let me rephrase. How are you planning to help without destroying everything?"

How about Aisa only destroy half of everything?

"No."

Sometimes Kairos mistaken who the devil is possessing.

He can feel the dragon pouting from being denied destruction and fun.

After the young man's turn is the human girl. She looked around carefully, and after a few of her friends giving her suggestions, she picked an orange egg which Kairos ranked fourth place.

The last person on their team that is participating, the female gnome, had a harder time.

The rowdy discussion stirred up shows that they no longer know which better picks is leftover.

It was only at this time that they displayed actual skills in gambling magical eggs.

Kairos and his group are openly listening in as the elf advised his teammate, "Pick only from the orange and purple piles. According to the trade routes linking to this Blacken Soot City and the store owner's connections, the eggs are mainly procured from the Wilder Beast Dungeons near the human border, the nearby Storm Mountains, and the nests of snow creatures found from deep north.

From the trade routes, the creatures that lay Blue, Green, Orange, and Purple eggs are the most valuable, but the probability to score a prize from blue and green coloured crystals are much too low."

The human male nodded, "That's right. There are only two powerful creatures that lay blue eggs, four that lay green eggs, eighteen that lay orange eggs and twenty two kinds that lay purple eggs."

The gnome listened carefully and then said, "I'll keep that in mind. Does the size and shape of the eggs matter? I'm good with plants, not so much with creatures."

The young man paused for a moment and then added, "The size of each eggs wildly depends on the amount of mana in the air and the mana of the parents. However, some creatures might be a powerful brute, but has very little magic talent, like the Manticore. Its egg will be no bigger than a hen's. Whereas the Hydra that has exceptional talent in magic would have an egg as large as a full grown man, so it is hard to tell by size alone.

The place those creatures live in is another factor of their egg's size. The different environments have different concentration of mana in the air. If you combine these two factors together, you can make a rough guess of the identity of some eggs. Unfortunately, in this game, many eggs have similar colour and size, and most of them are worth less than the cost to play.

The human girl added, "The shape of the egg depends on the four basic elements, air, water, fire, and earth. This is also a combination of the creature's lineage and the environment they live in.