🔵 Love Can Hurt [Nyukyu]

Request: @HelloHello4312 (I hope this chapter is fine 😁 and I am so so sorry it took super long.. it's not as angsty as I hoped but I will make up for it in a different oneshot)

Chanhee and Changmin have been friends for so long, no one, and I mean no one, could remember the times when those two have yet to even meet. It was like they have been together their whole lives, them apart had never happened nor was even possible.

If you saw Changmin, you'd see Chanhee. If you saw Chanhee, you obviously have seen Changmin beside him. No matter where they went, those two would always be by each other's side. It didn't matter how trivial the situation was, they were there for each other.

They met when both boys were 10 years old. You may never believe it but they didn't exactly like each other the first time they've met. Chanhee thought Changmin was way too people pleasing for his liking while Changmin thought Chanhee was too spoiled and bratty.

That all changed when they were forced into a group project by a teacher they both agreed sucked. Since they had no choice, they worked together. From that project, the two boys got closer and soon became the duo that everyone knew- some loved while some hated.

If you asked Chanhee what his favorite part of his best friend was, he would tell you his personality. Changmin's personality was one of the only things that made him smile. His extroverted-ness mixed well with Chanhee's introverted-ness.

The boy was the only one who seemed to be able to handle Chanhee's flamboyant and sassy personality. He was the only one that can bring Chanhee out of his shell and show the rest of the world what he is truly capable off.

If you asked the same question to Changmin, his answer would be different. Not that he'd ever admit it in front of the boy himself but, his answer would be... cheesy to say the least. Everything, his favorite part about Chanhee would be everything.

It's not just his face, it's not just his smile, it's not just his mind, and it's not just his personality that has Changmin so hooked on to the boy. It was literally anything and everything he did that made Changmin glad he, out of all the people in the world, was his best friend.

It was because of this that Changmin couldn't help but fall in love with his best friend. He would do anything for Chanhee to keep progressing as a person and as his best friend. Nothing seemed too much when it came to Chanhee.

The older they got, the duo got into more problems; either with each other or in their own personal lives. Problems that seemed big to them as a children were now minuscule compared to the problems they face now as teens.

The same goes for the problems from when they were teens, now that they were adults, their past problems now had an easy fix with their matured minds. They still never lost each other through these problems, they helped each other.

"Changmin, come with us!" Chanhee exclaims. "I want you to come with us." They were going to hang out with some friends but Changmin was hesitant to join. "But you know I'm busy!" He replies back. "Unless you help me study, I'm not coming."

Chanhee stuck out his tongue. "That's it? Deal!" The hangout pushed through and so did Chanhee helping Changmin study. Both events, Changmin had the liberty of staying by Chanhee's side the whole time.

"Want to come with me?" Chanhee asks. "I'm going to a café down the street, you game?" Changmin looked at his laptop, filled with a list of all of the requirements he had to do. "Of course, I am. I want to see you happy."

Chanhee shoved the boy's shoulder with how cheesy he sounded but was glad that his best friend always had his back. "Come on." The love Changmin felt for his best friend was unexplainable, it just was.

As much as he wanted to confess, something was stopping him. Changmin watched as Chanhee opened the door of the café for him, quickly asking him what drink he wanted. "Anything chocolate is fine. You pick." Chanhee nodded and left.

He found an empty table and sat down, waiting for the boy to arrive. "Am I late?" Changmin looked up and with a smile he said, "No, he's just ordering drinks." The man nodded and sat on a seat that was across Changmin.

"Sunwoo!" Chanhee exclaims when he sees the boy, coming towards their table with the drinks he ordered. "Hey, baby." Sunwoo kissed the boy's cheek as he sat down beside him, making their display of affection evident towards Changmin.

Changmin just smiled as he sipped on his drink. He loved Chanhee, yes. He loved him so much that he was willing to do anything to make him happy. If hurting himself in the process was what it took, Changmin was willing to endure the pain.

02/07/23