🟢 Help [Chenle Centric]

Warning: Mentions of SA!

Request: @xvscoz (I hope this chapter is fine 😁 and I am so sorry that it took so so long 😅)

Being a trainee is hard. Especially if you're a trainee from another country and have no idea how to speak the language. Well- Chenle knows a little Korean but not enough to have a full on conversation with a Korean person.

Chenle wasn't the most skilled in dancing and rapping. That was honestly to be expected since he got into the company due to his singing talent but you wouldn't expect him to be that helpless in dancing. Well, sad to say he was.

He was training with the people he was told were to be his group mates. That day wasn't going well for him since he woke up with a splitting headache and an aching body. He knows he's sick but he knows he couldn't skip training nor could he tell anyone.

He doesn't know why he didn't want to tell anyone but he just has this small voice in his head that told him no one would care. It didn't seem odd to him since he wasn't that close to anyone and if he did try to tell someone, he would probably be made fun of due to his vocabulary.

It's only been a month since he arrived at the company. He didn't really have that much time to interact with people, especially since he didn't live in the dorms plus the fact he needed to catch up with his training. Speaking of catching up-

Though he was sick, he was training with his dancing skills with the rest of his supposed members. They were all some what getting the hang of the steps, all except Chenle. He was going slowly and with the headache, his moves were even slower.

It was only a matter of time before, "CHENLE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Chenle jumped from his place and tried to identify who scolded him. "Goodness! How clumsy could you be?!" It took a while but Chenle figured out that it was Jeno.

"I- I'm sorry.." Chenle apologized. He could feel the stares of the rest of the members but he didn't care. "God- now we have to restart everything." Groans were heard everywhere. Chenle forced himself not to tear up in front of them.

All they did was grumble and sneer at him. They did a couple more rounds and each time, Chenle messed up a different part, making them restart all over again. "THAT'S IT!" Chenle froze.  "CAN YOU STOP MESSING UP?!"

At this point, the younger members were all glaring at him while the older ones, though you could see the annoyance in their eyes, were looking at him with pity. "Gosh.." Mark rounded up the younger ones. "Let's end it here."

Chenle just stood there, guilty, as everyone else started to pack up their stuff. "Chenle, why don't I help you, hm?" Chenle looked up to see their dance instructor giving him a bright smile. For some reason, his smile didn't settle right with the boy.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure your skills will show." The two waited for everyone to leave before anything happened. Once the last person left, the instructor looked at Chenle and slowly cornered him to the wall.

"It's alright, Lele.. I'll make sure you feel good.." Chenle started to cry. He could feel the older's presence grow closer as he started to wrap his arms around the young Chinese boy and touch him. But before anything else could happen, Chenle felt his presence leave.

"CHENLE!" He opened his eyes and saw through tears, some of the older members- the Chinese older members plus Taeyong to be exact. Kun, Ten, Sicheng and Taeyong quickly pushed their dance instructor away and tended to the small cowering boy.

They weren't sure what had happen but looking at the state Chenle was and their instructor, they pieced it together. "Lele, are you alright?" Kun started to rub Chenle's back in hopes of calming the boy down.

Chenle didn't stop crying, from his sickness to the traumatic event that just happened, he couldn't control his emotions anymore. "Ge, he's sick!" Sicheng exclaims, feeling Chenle's slightly warm forehead. "Yong, Chenle's sick!"

Taeyong stopped hitting their instructor and ran to the sick boy. "Oh, dear.. We should take him to our dorms. I have to talk to someone about..." Taeyong glared at the instructor laying on the ground. "The piece of garbage they forgot to take out."

Ten and Kun carefully carried Chenle out of the room with Sicheng in tow. "Chenle, why didn't you tell anyone you were sick earlier? You could have skipped this one practice." But Chenle shook his head. "No... skip.."

"Why not? You were sick.. You could have told any of us..." And yet, Chenle shook his head again. "Shy.. Scared.." Their hearts clenched at the pain laced within the boy's voice. "Come. We're bringing you to the dorms." They made their way to the dorms.

"And the ones who screamed at you are going to help you whether they like it or not." Chenle couldn't disagree with what they said as he was too tired. "We're almost there, yeah? Can you stay awake for us, Lele?"

Chenle tried to nod but he was too tired. He tried to stay awake but it was no use. His body was too tired and overworked that no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't stay awake. By the time they arrived at the dorm, Chenle was already unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hyung- this is all our fault!" "Glad you know that-" "Ten! Don't put all of the blame on them." "But Kun~ It is." "He's kind of right." "Shh~ He's waking up!" Chenle blinked quickly as his eyes adjusted to the lighting around him.

"Are you feeling better now?" Chenle then realized who were in the room with him. There was Kun, Ten, Sicheng, Taeyong, Mark, Jeno, Jaemin, Jisung and Renjun. "Renjun wanted to be here to help you and Jisung wanted to tell you something."

Chenle ignored Mark and Jeno's gazes and turned to look at Jisung. "Y- yes?" His voice sounded hoarse. "I just.. I know this isn't the right time but I wanted to tell you something earlier.." Jisung began. "I- uh.. Kinda know you before you came here."

Chenle was confused. "Do you remember that kid who dance Gangnam Style in that Chinese show years ago. You sang in that show as well, and we sat beside each other." Chenle took a while with his trip down memory lane.

"P- Park Jisung?" Jisung grinned. "That's me! You remember?" Chenle nodded. He wanted to be more enthusiastic upon meeting his old friend but the pounding in his head made it impossible. "I'm glad I found you..."

Chenle nodded in agreement. Just as he was about to stand up, he lost balance but was quickly caught by Jaemin. He flinched at the sudden contact of his skin. "Oh- I'm sorry... I- uh.." Jaemin quickly let go, not before making sure Chenle was stable.

"I- It's ok... I guess I'm just a bit uh- over sensitive today.." Jaemin looked at the boy with confusion. "Over sensitive." Renjun translated. "Oh, Chenle.. It's not your fault." Jaemin gently ruffled the sick boys head comfortingly.

"We'll leave you boys for a while, yeah? But before we leave." Taeyong gave Jeno and Mark a pointed look. "Don't you two boys have something to say?" They nodded and looked at Chenle. "We're sorry.. For shouting at you and getting mad.."

Chenle wanted to tell them that it was alright and that it was partially his fault for not doing well in practice but something at the back of his mind is telling him not to say that and just accept the apology. So that's what he did.

"Good. Now, boys-" Kun began. "Take care of Lele while we fix some stuff.. Be careful with him." They all nodded and so, the older boys left. "Le, are you ok? I- we heard what happened with... him." Chenle flinched slightly after remembering what happened.

"I'm... I'm better now.." He says. The boys surrounding him all gathered around him and hugged him tightly. Chenle flinched at the sudden contact but calmed himself once he told himself that they wouldn't hurt him. "We're here now. We'll always help you."

A/N: AAAAAHHHH!! This took so long to write T-T I'm so sorry..

05/20/22