🔵 Long Short Distance [Sangjae]

Request: @findingsangmil (I hope this chapter is fine 😁)

Hyunjae's soulmate map was something bittersweet to the boy. On one hand, it was helpful- telling you where your soulmate was and how far they were from you. On the other hand, it served as a remind of how far his soulmate was from him.

Don't get him wrong, he already knows who his soulmate is. Lee Sangyeon, the love of his life was his soulmate. The only bitter thing there was the fact that Sangyeon, his soulmate wasn't with him. No- he isn't dead, alright?

He was simply out of the country because of his job. When they first got together, Sangyeon told Hyunjae of his dream job which was in Japan. Hyunjae, being the understanding soulmate he is, understood his soulmate's dreams.

They started dating for a year and a half before Sangyeon got accepted for his application in Japan and had to leave for at least 2 years. At first, Sangyeon wanted to deny the offer- seeing as he already had his soulmate and wanted nothing more than to stay with him but Hyunjae made him go.

Now whenever Hyunjae stares at this map, instead of seeing him close to him, Hyunjae is remind on how far Sangyeon was and how long he has to wait before his boyfriend comes back. No matter how long he has to wait, he will wait because he knows that Sangyeon will come back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been two years and yet, Sangyeon still hasn't returned to both Korea and his soulmate's arms. Yes, they constantly text and videochat each other but Hyunjae still misses the man severely. No amount of texts and calls will be able to satisfy his want to see his soulmate once again.

But Hyunjae has noticed the amount of calls and texts slowly start to drop. He felt like Sangyeon didn't want to contact him anymore but he didn't want to assume. Call him insecure but he can't help it- he feels like his soulmate was hiding something from him.

"Sangie- when are you coming back here?" Hyunjae pouted. "I'm not sure- we've talked about this." Sangyeon sighed exasperatedly over the phone. "But-" "I'm not sure, ok? .... Let's talk about something else, alright?" Hyunjae didn't want to change the topic but he just let it be.

All of their phone calls ended up like that. Hyunjae wouldn't say it out loud but he was definitely hurt. He just wished that Sangyeon would notice the joy in his voice slowly fade away. He just wished Sangyeon noticed how much he missed him. He just wished Sangyeon was there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyunjae was working, per usual. With his job as a waiter and part time entertainer at a bar across his apartment, he has enough money to afford the apartment rent and his needs. Sangyeon does give him money but he likes to keep them for future purposes.

Speaking of Sangyeon, he hasn't heard from the older at all that day. Hyunjae didn't even want to look at his soulmate map to see where he was. 'What's the point of seeing where he is if he obviously doesn't want you to know?' Hyunjae thought.

Just then, Hyunjae received a phone call. "Hyunjae hyung, someone's calling you!" Haknyeon, his co-worker exclaimed. Hyunjae stopped wiping the table he was working on and got his phone. "Chanhee- what's up? You never call." Hyunjae asks.

"Hyung, are you gonna get Sangyeon hyung yet?" Chanhee asks. Hyunjae froze. "What.. What do you mean get Sangyeon?" Chanhee paused for a moment. "He's.... At... The... Air... Port?" Hyunjae's eyes widened. "HE IS WHAT?!" ".... You didn't know?"

Hyunjae wanted to scream. "No- he didn't TELL ME!" Chanhee laughed nervously. "Oops-" Chanhee ended the call, leaving a seething Hyunjae. "Hyung-" "Haknyeon, I'm leaving." Haknyeon just nodded and let Hyunjae walk out of the bar.

He stared at his soulmate map. 'He's at Seoul National Airport.' Hyunjae ran to the airport. The airport was a decent amount of kilometers away from the bar so Hyunjae only had to run for around an hour till he arrived at the airport. 'Where is he?'

Hyunjae kept looking back and forth from his map and the airport, trying to find his soulmate. "Where is he?" Hyunjae muttered, still having no idea where Sangyeon was. He quickly followed the map to where his soulmate was supposedly at but to no luck.

"Sangyeon... Where- you're supposed to be here!" Hyunjae cried. The map says that the boy was right where Hyunjae was standing but he couldn't find him anywhere. "Oh- fu-" "No cursing." Hyunjae's eyes widened as he turned around to be greeted by the face of his lover.

Sangyeon stood there behind him with a smile on his face. "Hey, Hyun-" He couldn't even finish talking as Hyunjae jumps on him and hugs him tightly. Sangyeon immediately returns the hug just as tight before letting each other go to catch their breaths.

"I hate you so- so much!" Hyunjae cried out, hitting the older repeatedly on the chest before breaking down on his shoulders. "I deserved that.. Surprise?" Hyunjae glared at Sangyeon before breaking into a smile. "I love you." Sangyeon didn't take long to respond. "I love you too."

1/8/22