Chapter 150 He is my Family

Nicks perspective
I walked through the snow the freezing blast of cold air hitting me almost making me loose my balance I definitely wasn't wearing the right shoes for this. I parked as closest possible to the entrance of the hospital, but there wasn't very much parking as many people don't put on snow tires and are getting into accidents right now. Christmas was only days away and you would think that it wouldn't be this busy but I guess hospital workers never get a break.
I stepped into the hospital the sliding doors opening after the sensors detected motion. Upon walking in I felt myself loose balance a little almost falling with Charlie in my arms but I grabbed onto a railing just in time. I didn't really realize how tired I was until now because of the adrenaline pumping through my body. I was extremely dizzy and was starting to feel so lightheaded that my vision was blurry. I felt a hand place on my shoulder gripping it tight stabilizing us, I immediately shrugged his hand off and turned my head to see who it was. "Hi sir let me help you" when I looked up to see who it was I could tell right away by the scrubs he was wearing he worked here. "Thank you I don't know what happened I just know who did it" I said tears welling up again, he gave me a reassuring smile "This is your husband I presume" I wanted to say yes but I didn't want to lie "No we're engaged he's my fiancé" I say, He pulls out a walkie talkie and pages someone over to us with a stretcher. I let the few nurses take Charlie from my arms and put him on the stretcher positioned on his side lying down. An older nurse comes up to me and says "unfortunately because legally your not family yet we can't let you sit in on some of the things we need to talk to him about, it looks to be he was assaulted and we're not sure if sexual matters happened or not meaning you will have to sit some of it out, truly I am sorry for this rule but we cant do anything but follow it" I took a deep breath this was so unfair but I understood this wasn't the nurses or doctors fault. "Alight" I said. She pushed the stretcher down the hall telling me I could follow, we reached a room with many machines. I stood over Charlie running my finger through his hair. The doctor Patricia, looked to me and said calmly "Ok I believe he is on drugs so i'm going to have to do a drug test and a few things, this may be uncomfortable for him but I can assure you it causes him no pain" Drugs? she thinks he's on drugs, surly Charlie wouldn't have taken drugs unless he was forced... I nodded, she sat him up and peeled open his eyelids shining the light in his pupils.

Charlie's perspective
I was aware of everything they were saying I was there I just was too tired to move or open my eyes. She peeled open my eyes shinning a piercing light in them, I was definitely awake now. I looked over to nick sitting in the chair beside me "Love your awake how are you feeling" he said rushing over to wrap me up in his embrace. I cuddled into his arms feeling better now that he's here with me "I feel like shit" I say my voice strained to the point where it sounds so raspy you can barely hear me. "I know I know" he saying backing away from me as the doctor comes back. "it's a great sign that your able to keep consciousness Mr spring can you try and do that the rest of the time your here in the hospital for me" I nod my head. "Alrighty then can you breath into this machine for me" I do as i'm asked but the shame is starting to hit me, Im so ashamed that i'm here in the hospital getting a drug test barely able to keep consciousness, I don't want anyone to think I actually took drugs, ben drugged me. What will Nick think of me.

"Great thank you for being such a delight Charlie I do need to talk to you about what happened alone as he's legally not related to you he can't come" I looked at Nick pathetically, tears falling from my face "I don't want to go anywhere without him, I don't feel safe" I said begging her to let him come, I needed Nick right now. She did look remorseful but seeing that look I could tell she wasn't going to bend the rules for us. "Unfortunately I can't i'm so sorry really I am" she held out her hand for me to take it like a scared little kid leaving his parents for the first time, I took her hand and she lead me out.

"Ok so I have the information that you were on drugs, did you take these by choice or were you drugged" I wiped the tears from my eyes "I never took any drugs I remember drinking water that he gave me from his mental water bottle" She nodded and started writing down notes in a fast pace. "were you held against your will or did you consent to being in contact with this guy?" I started crying again I tried so hard to fight it back but giving in was just easier I was too tired and in pain to try and fight it. "He's my ex from high school we were at a school reunion and when I went to the bathroom he found me waiting at the door and when the girl came out he shoved me with him locking the door he's much bigger than me I couldn't leave and every-time I tried too he would hurt me" I said all in one raspy breath. "I see, did he do anything sexual like kissing biting, touching, sexual actions for pleasure" I didn't want to answer this I didn't want to explain what happened because it will haunt me, if I never talk or think about it again it will go away. "It's alright Charlie it's just you and me tell me once and you won't have to tell me again, it will be over" In a quite tone I said "he kissed me a few times, bit my neck, grinded against my leg, touched me everywhere, and forced me to touch him for pleasure" I looked down the whole time not daring to met her eyes "Deeply i'm so sorry, what happened is not ok and I can't not report this. Rape cases are up to the victim to choice weather they want to press charges usually but because he kidnapped you, drugged you and physically assaulted you as well this needs to be documented then sent to the authorities, tomorrow at 8:00 am I need to do some more tests and pictures so i'll see you then get some rest and don't drive or anything as your under substance" I didn't say anything I wanted to protest but it was no use I know I can't get away with keeping quiet this time, I walked out of the room to find Nick I just want to go home.

Authors Note
This is heartbreaking omg this is such a sad chapter. Guys today is my birthday btw and i'm so happy to share it with all of you!!!! Love you