Chapter Forty Six Remembering

(Hey guys before you read this your probably going to want to read  the first paragraph of Chapter Thirty Three Flashback so you will remember what happened and where we are currently happy reading!)

Charlie's perspective
"Charlie hey Char CHARLIE!" Nick said as he shock me. My mind was filled with all the memories and intense emotions. I started crying before jumping into Nicks arms. "Why are you crying babe" he says softly as i'm clinged onto him as if I was never going to see him again. "I love you so much" I say still weeping "Why are you crying Charlie are you upset I lost the ring" "NO NO! it's just when you said do you remember the day you gave me the ring I started thinking back to that day and I felt like I was experiencing it again as my mind ran through that day" Nick pinched my cheek softly "That day was amazing so i'm still confused why your crying love" "It's just that I remember thinking some really awful things and I'm just so happy that we're living together now and the years of us living apart from each other are over, because I never want to be a way from you again" He tightened his grip around me leaving me feeling safe and comforted in his arms.

Nicks perspective
I felt myself pulling Charlie closer and closer to me if that was even possible, I was so stunned when he started crying, just out of nowhere but i'm happy knowing it's because he happy and not sad. That day was tons of fun but heartbreaking as well because it was the last date we went on before me leaving for university. We went weeks without seeing each other then we would get the odd weekend here and there to spend time together although the time was nice it was never enough I felt myself craving more and more of him every time he left. The worst part was when he got home after visiting he would FaceTime me in tears and knowing I couldn't comfort him well he was upset, tore me apart. We cuddled for a bit longer until both of us stopped crying then Charlie got out of bed and started going crazy with his OCD. Flickering our lights switches, Tapping his finger on the wall until he tapped a certain number of times, and he was locking then unlocking our bedroom door knob. I came up behind him and stroked his back with my hand "Charlie is everything ok" I ask because his OCD usually got worst when he was stressed, anxious, or even excited about something. "mhm" he mumbled before going around cleaning our room like crazy "Here i'll help you clean up" "No it's fine Nick I need to do this please" I know it was best to leave him to do his thing "I'll make breakfast, meet me in the kitchen in a few" he nodded as he continued to clean.

Charlie's perspective
Thinking about the past has really put how lucky I am into perspective, having Nick by my side everyday and never giving up on me despite the set backs i've been recently facing. I want to propose to him... I think. I cant see a future without him but i'm still hesitant because maybe we're too young and i'm going to over board. I should wait, I should go for it, both thoughts circled around my mind driving me crazy. My OCD started to flare up causing me to act like a complete lunatic, god I hate myself sometimes WHY COUDNT I JUST DECIDE. I cleaned our room perfectly which did make me feel at ease and less stressed even though the most stressful decision of my life was still weighing down on me. I walked into the kitchen to see Nick has made us breakfast sandwiches, then my phone rings. "Sorry Nick I really need to answer this I'll join you in just a sec" I answered the phone knowing it was the jeweller who engraved me and Nicks promise rings years ago, I knew it was him because he said he was going to call today.

"Hello Charlie Spring it's Rob calling from Shine through the light

"Hi Rob is the Ring done?

"Yes it is and you were thinking about engagement rings the other day do you still want to come have a meeting with me and we can discuss it?

I thought to myself for a second... Nick is the one and I Can't even think about dating someone else so why should we wait! we should get married I SHOULD PROPOSE TO NICK.

"Yes I would love to have a meeting"

"How about I email you the details"

"Thanks Rob bye"

"bye"

My heartbeat was going crazy I felt so nervous and excited at the same time I felt like I wanted to scream like a teen girl going to a harry style's concert but I needed to keep my cool so Nick won't suspect anything. I walked back into the kitchen to see Nick looking at me with a suspicious look "Who called, your new boyfriend" he laughed then said "I'm just kidding but who was that?" I needed to think of something quick "It was Darcy" I reply hoping he won't think i'm lying.

Authors Note
Thank you everyone for all the kind comments about the flashback series I will probably do a few more of them in the future I don't know how long they would be though (the length probably won't be planned and i'll just go with the flo like I did this time) But I hope you enjoyed todays chapter see you tomorrow 😊