Chapter Eighty Eight Telling Nick the Truth

Sarahs perspective
I heard everything that was going on upstairs, I heard Charlies light footsteps trail up the stairs I heard the little knock he did on the door I heard Nick yelling at him to go away thinking it was me being bothersome to him again, then I heard Charlie talking to him in attempts to calm him down, I guess the saying is true sound carries in wise wall, my home wasn't a new house although it was very nice and modernly renovated, the furnishings weren't bad ether if I don't say so myself. I'm not sure what exactly happened, I know Nick hates his mom budding into his relationship, but I can't help it these are my boys and I love them to bits and can't help myself to check on them. I walked up the stairs towards the hall were Nicks bedroom was, I peered around the doorway and I could feel myself become happy instantly, Charlie was sitting against the headboard of the bed his legs straight out Infront of him and Nicks body laying across him, his stomach was laid on Charlies legs and there was a pillow underneath his head he was fast asleep and I could see a puddle of drool by Nicks mouth, I knew he didn't get much sleep last night I could hear him downstairs. Charlie has Nicks shirt pulled up and Hes running his fingers along Nicks back, Charlies in trouble now once Nick gets you to rub his back he'll never let you stop. Charlie turned his head to see who was watching them like a creep. He smiled at me and oh how contagious this boy's smile was his smile could light up a city. I walked closer so we could whisper without waking the big baby. "Charlie darling how did Nick land such an amazing person like you there hard to come by now a days and I'm so happy he found you" I could see Charlies expression soften and he whispered back to me "Thank you mom, and I think I'm the lucky one to have found him Hes honestly saved my life" to say I was proud of Nick was an understatement he has turned out to be everything is father wasn't. I could feel a single tear stream down my face, Charlie and Nick were angels and to think about all that poor boy has gone through tugs at my heart and now hearing about his mom it makes me sick, she makes me sick. "Honey I think you're both lucky to have found each other, Nicks was up all night last night, I don't think he can sleep without you" Charlie looked down at Nick with so much love and care nobody can argue that they don't absolutely love each other. Charlie grabbed a tissue from his jumper pocket and gently lifted nick's head up with so much care, he wiped the drool off his chin and flipped the side of the pillow so he wasn't laying in drool anymore, if that's not love I don't know what is. Charlie then quietly says "yeah he only drools when Hes proper tired, I wish he wouldn't worry about me so much" I shook my head "that's love, baby" Water started to pool up in Charlies eyes and before I could ask him what's wrong, he says "I love you" I leaned over him and wipe his eyes and kissed him on the forehead "Oh if you knew how much I love you both!" he smiled at me and I smiled at him while walking out of the bedroom, to let the two rest.

An hour later

Charlies' perspective
I was waking up now I don't remember falling asleep, it feels like second ago I was rubbing Nicks back and he was on my lap, I opened my eyes as a felt a pair of eyes on me. When I opened my eyes I was a little bit startled Nick was staring down at me. I was now laying beside him with my head resting on his stomach and his arms wrapped around me. I sat up quickly just startled by where I was, I shook my head a little trying to snap back to reality, that's the thing I hate about naps and dreams the most is that they feel so world shaking when you wake up like nothing makes sense. I was sat up Infront of Nick now, he placed his hands on my shoulders "hey, hey its alright your safe" thinking for a minute it hit I was starting to remember the dream I just had it felt so real so so real, that's why I was confused, I needed to shake it off, of course ben was still able to get under my skin so many years later, he probably doesn't even remember my name and I'm over here having fucking nightmares about him, there's something so skin crawling about him that I just can't shake. "sorry" I turned to look at Nick he looked worried, as I noticed his expression I quickly added "I'm fine, I just didn't remember falling asleep so I was a bit shocked" he ruffled my hair and starred into my eyes, it felt like he was reading my mind I quickly tried to change the subject even if it was a subject I didn't really want to talk about but know it needs to be discussed. I turned my body around so I sat criss crossed in front of him "sh sh she" I fumbled on my words trying not to breakdown before I could explain to him what happened. He looked at me with so much compation which drove me to keep trying to express the message I wanted to say, my hands were shaking as I fiddled with my fingers Nick grabbed my hands holding them still and in his "She s.. said I should've gone through with it" that's all I could manage to say before breaking down.

Nicks perspective
I didn't understand what he should have gone through with, wait no, jane wouldn't have she couldn't have I mean I know she's a bad mom in all but surely she wouldn't have said that she wished for her son to kill himself. That's not something I would wish on my worst enemy. I placed my hands on my head and just repeated the word no, when I looked back at Charlie tears were puddling down his face he looked so ashamed and embarrassed I wrapped my hands around his head and pulled him into my chest "Don't you dare feel ashamed she should feel absolutely disgusted in herself ok, you would ruin my life if you killed yourself you hear me, think about how much you would have missed how much you would miss, think about the people who love you starting off with me and the whole pairs squad, Tori, Michael, Oliver and Noah, your dad and my mom, so many people adore you char" he looked up at me and what he said next made me so proud of him, Hes finally realizing how amazing he is and not thinking Hes such a burden to everyone. "Your right... but it still hurts" I cupped his face in my hands and pulled him in for a kiss on the lips which I was literally drooling over we haven't kissed in two days, then I pulled him in for another kiss before responding "I know it hurts baby, I know and that's ok as long as you know how big of a role you play in all our lives and how wrong she is" he nodded his head and I pulled him onto my lap where he wrapped his legs around my waist and his arms around my shoulders. After he stops crying and feels better, I'll take him downstairs to eat something he probably hasn't eaten since yesterday morning and even though that scared me, I needed to focus on comforting Charlie right now and worry about that later.

Authors Note
This Chapter made me want worship Sarah she's the perfect mother, mom goals!!!!! I love you all and I want to personally thank you for reading! voting and commenting supports me as a writer and my story so if you did thank you thank you,  ily you all stay safe and keep slaying 💗💗💗💕✌️😭😭🥹❤️