Chapter Ten The beach

Nicks perspective
Time later... "Thank you so much Nicolas for meeting with me, and remember the strategies ok...." "yup I will" I said as me and Charlie left the room. I could tell Charlie was a little bit shocked about a few things I mentioned, but he was overjoyed that I had gone. As we were walking out of the councillors office and went by the reception Martha said "bye boys have a great rest of your day!" Then I thought about how I actually liked talking to someone about these thoughts I was having. "hey Martha, can I actually schedule my next appointment" I said. "Of course honey" she says. Charlie squeezed my hand and just smiled as we scheduled my next appointment. We walked out to the car holding hands and smiling, I could tell how happy Charlie was because he was swinging my arm up and down as we walk. "Charlie are you up for the beach today?" I say. He was silent "Charlie?" I say in a concerned tone "yea yea of course, it will be fun" he says in a forced happy tone. I know he hates going to beach with other people, but at the same time I know he wants to go and he hates cancelling plans.

Charlie's perspective
The counselling was over and a lot of thoughts were going through my head. I learned how Nick persevered himself, and it made me sick. When I think about Nick all I can't think about is how caring sweet and genuine he was, and he thought he was an awful person. I think this councillor will really help him though, because he already wanted to schedule his next appointment! I think I need to just listen more, and remind him how amazing he is. We were sitting in the car and I just zoned out at the thought of the beach. "Charlie, Charlie, CHARLIE!!!" Nick yelled. I shaked my head and looked at him "sorry" I say, he looks at me with an endearing expression then says "Charlie I'm turning this car around" "wait what No, we're meeting Darcy, Tara, Elle, and Toa at the beach there already there, I just texted them we're on our way" I said loudly. Nick just keeps driving the opposite way from the beach "No Charlie, you don't want to go and that's ok, we can cuddle and watch a film"he says. I grab his thigh and look at him and say "babe I appreciate your concerns, but it's ok I promise I want to go hang out with everybody," I really did want to go and plus Elle was going to be there. "Ok fine but you have to promise me if you want to go home, you will tell me." he say while turning the car around and heads towards the beach.

Nick was holding my hand and all of a sudden he starts to run down the sidewalk pulling me along with him. I was still much faster than him so I caught up quick and started to pull him. We got to the beach and looked around then spotted the others all sitting together on a blanket. "hey guys" Nick says as we walk towards them. "Hey you two!" Elle says as Tara and Darcy come up behind Nick and give him a group hug. They knew Nick had not wanted to do counselling, they were the best! Elle seemed very chipper, she usually had a cemented frown on her face when we were at the beach. There was tons of snacks Arrayed on the blanket in front of us, when I sat down the smell of crisps and donuts made me feel uncomfortably sick and nauseated.

Everyone was digging in except me "Hey Charlie try these cookies my mom made them" Elle said. My face turned sour "Do you not like my mom or something why that face?" she said in an annoyed tone. "No sorry a bug flew in my face I would love one, your mom is an amazing cook" I say, Elle smiles and laughs as she hands me a warm thick cookie with frosting and sprinkles on it. Nick looks angry he says "Why would you even suggest that Charlie doesn't like your -" I cut him off with shhhh. "Nick I promise it's ok please just let it go, for me." I whisper Nick looks at me and nods slightly then Elle says "What we're you going to say Nick?" He just responds with "Oh nothing" she continues her conversation with Tara. I stare at the cookie the last thing I wanted to do right now was eat it so I don't I just held  it until Nick discreetly took it out of my hand and ate it quickly. I get up and sit myself between his legs and say "Your the sweetest person ever" Nick squishes my cheeks together and says "we're in public save the cheesiness for at home" I look at him and say "oh really" Then start kissing him on the cheek and neck "Charlie" he whispers in a stern tone to not bring any attention to us. I stop and then say "fine" "Guys let's play volleyball in the water" Tara says. Immediately I know I dont want to play or even get wet I was wearing a white T shirt and if it got wet it would become see through.

I can't believe I was so stupid to wear a white T shirt to the beach, I usually go in the water but I never take my shirt off, but I can't go in the water now I was wearing a white T shirt; The thought of it made me feel uncomfortable and awkward. Everybody gets excited about the idea of playing water volleyball, I don't. Tara says "Ok well we have six people it's perfect how about Elle, Charlie and Nick are a team and Me, Darcy, and Toa are a team!" no no no I can't I won't I just wanted to scream I HATE THE BEACH!! Nick was about to say something but I interrupted "Um sorry guys I'm really tired I don't want to play, but trust me Nick can play good enough for the both of us" Everyone laughs and agrees, The instant relief I felt my face stopped sweating and my face went pale again. Nick then says "Yeah trust me guys you don't want to see Charlie play volleyball he's awful," he looks over to me and winks, I hug him and get really close to his ear and whisper "Thank you" God he was perfect.

Authors Note
Thank you to ever single person who has voted for my story or left a nice comment it means the world to me!!! and the next chapter will continue where we left off at the beach:)