Chapter Eighty Nine Let me take care of you

Nicks perspective
Charlie had stopped crying a few minutes ago and we were just talking about how much we missed each other even though it hadn't been that long. Charlie was still sitting on my lap with his legs wrapped around my waist but his head wasn't on my shoulder. He was looking at me, well we were talking, my worries were building up inside me I couldn't ignore it anymore. "Charlie, I need you to be honest with me" he looked at me waiting to hear what I was going to say, But I didn't want that I wanted him to promise to be honest and open with me I'm not mad I'm just scared and want to deal with the problem as soon as possible. "No, I need you to promise me you'll be honest its import and a serious situation Char" "he looked down at his hands anxiously fiddling with his fingers, he knew where I was going with this and I know he doesn't want to talk about it, but he has too, eating isn't an option it's a must. "yeah, I promise" he said still looking down at his hands. "You didn't eat yesterday at all did you? and I know that you didn't eat anything the day before since noon." He looked up at me and he looked so sad I didn't want to question him more but this was important and how good of a fiancé am I if I don't question it more, if I don't tell him how bad this is for him, I know Hes heard it from the doctors and therapists over one hundred times but I know when something comes from him I listen and actually try and understand what Hes saying I'm hoping Charlie will do the same. "no I haven't" he says extremely quiet. "Char I know you probably don't want to hear this but it's important I express my concerns, that's like almost two full days without eating a single thing, your body is going to start to feel malnourished and will give out on you, you've passed out a few times because of this and that's not good babe, not eating can cause problems to your intestines and your liver and that will land you in the hospital and I'm not trying to scare you but they probably will need to at that point do a feeding tube and last time that was awful, I don't want you to go through that again" he wiped the tears off his face and sniffed a few times before saying "I understand" I hugged him tight "I just don't want anything to happen to you and it's really scaring me knowing you haven't eaten in so long, so can we go downstairs and I'll make something, Mom will probably want to order something but I'll just make something that's less intimidating right?" "mmhm" he nods and mumbles pushing his face into my chest more.

I stand up with Charlie still latching onto me, I'm holding him up and when I carry him like this, he always reminds me of a koala. I make my way slowly down the stairs I'm holding precious cargo you know, when we get to the bottom of the stairs Charlie goes to get down but I hold his legs firmly keeping him up in my arms "Nick your Moms home" he whispers into my ear, I whisper back "Soo trust me Charlie she won't even notice, were not little kids anymore" He just laid his head down on my shoulder simple enjoying the comfort. When we entered the kitchen, my mom was sitting drinking a glass of tea. She looked at the two of us and smiled then looked back down at her phone. I placed Charlie down on one of the kitchen chairs beside my mom. I announced "what do we want for dinner ill cook" mom looks at the two of us "well we could order" "no mom its alright I'll cook something its no trouble" Charlie was staring at me, and I just give him a quick wink and there it is the beautiful smile I haven't seen in what feels like too long. I start to cook and mom states to Charlie "well from now on your birthday will be held here" I look over to them to catch Charlies reaction, he places his hand on top of hers and says "thanks mom" to say I was shocked was an understatement did I hear right, did my fiancé, the love of my life, just call my mom, mom! That's got to be the cutest thing I've ever heard, I joke "well looks like I missed a few conversations didn't I, you've been talking without me" mom laughs and says "well baby if you weren't sleeping the day away maybe you would have heard" " I didn't sleep that much" she laughs and Charlie laughs along with her "baby you had a puddle of drool around your mouth, you're lucky this sweetheart over here takes care of you he wiped it off your face and switched the pillow for you. My cheeks flushed a bright red I didn't know Charlie did that, "fair point" I say before going over to Charlie and giving him a quick kiss on the cheek to say thank you for him looking out for me. I finished the pasta it was just plain spaghetti, something easy for Charlie to get through. I guess my mom's more in tune with Charlies emotion than I thought, he looked extremely nervous, I know the pressure of my mom eating with us was making it so much worse, she then said "Well I'm going to take this lovely meal and eat it Infront of the tv, now that I'm divorced and Nicky has left home that's where I usually eat you guys can join me" I say "no were fine in the kitchen" and she walks out of the room.

Time skip 30 minutes later

Charlie was still moving around the food on his plate not really eating much of it, I had already finished two bowels and Hes hardly even eaten three bites. I take his bowl and fork placing them on the counter, I then pick him up underneath his arms and place him on the counter as I stood in between his legs "nickkk what are you doing" I smirked at him "umm giving you a little motivation" I leaned in and started kissing him with passion and my pace was only increasing, he pulled away "Your mom could see us" I brushed his hair out of his face "she won't come in" I then teased him a little by using my tongue then pulling away straight after "eat more and ill continue" he pouted and grabbed the bowl taking literally one piece of pasta, I took the bowl and fork from him "here ill feed it to you" he blushed hard "Nick its seriously fine I can" "you took care of me let me take care of you" I feed him the pasta and he slowly eats it a little at a time, I wipe his face and kiss his forehead "Shall we continue this in my room?" I say, he nodded violently and I take his hand and lead him upstairs.

Authors note
The love on this book has been out of this world and it honestly helps me produce the best content I appreciate your feed back and suggestions and the love ❤️ ofc... A special thanks to everyone who voted today read or left a comment 😘💗🥹❤️💅