That's why everyone was surprised when it was Alec who was kneeling on the floor with a large gash on his face, and before he could even realize what happened, a hand pulled him up by the back of his shirt as if he was nothing more than a helpless child before he felt the presence of something sharp against his neck.

A sharp claw pressed against his throat in full view of everyone. One swift move and his throat will be sliced open.

"Try anything and he's dead." He informed the betas who stood there with more of them grouping up near the cell ready to take action. Muttering something, Constantine kicked his feet breaking the cuffs that held them. Cuffs that were specifically made to withstand a werewolf's strength. "Change of plans, they try anything and they're dead."

Alec did know if he should be worried about the lunatic's casual display of strength or his threats. The last sentence was directed at Alec himself, and he didn't have much of a choice there.

Before anything happened, Alec waved his hand at his men. "Stand down, I'm fine."

When some of the men hesitated as Constantine dragged their beloved future alpha out, Alec repeated his words more firmly. "I am fine."

"Smartest thing you ever did, alpha. You saved many lives today." Constantine told him mockingly, but Alec knew that his words were true. He heard him count the men that appeared under his breath, and his estimation was scarily accurate. "I got second-hand embarrassment at this attempt of keeping me locked up."

After all, there was a reason why his father makes sure to drug him before he attempts to restrain him. It was mostly done to annoy Constantine, but it was also to ensure that he stays in one place for a while.

It was his father's sick sense of humour that trained him into being an escape artist. Constantine was able to escape the cuffs they used on him since he was twelve.

You stab your father one time and he locks you in the basement...

They were getting strange looks as they walked outside, probably from Alec's bleeding face, and he had to wave off the concern of some well-meaning people who approached him with worry. Constantine was dragging him in such a way that was as threatening as it was inconspicuous, and that was frighteningly so.

Alec knew that if Constantine wanted him dead, he'd already be dead as he silently let himself be dragged to the edge of town where the number of people declined.

It was only when they were out of most people's earshot did Alec speak.

"Why did you do it?" Alec asked after a while of them not saying anything and his heartbeat quickened when he realized that they're near where Eli lived. He was trying to distract the psycho from his mate. "Do you just kill because you feel like it?"

"Sometimes." Constantine answered him distractedly as he watched Alec's eyes gravitate somewhere. He was laughably easy to read. "Eli live here?"

The way Alec froze told him all he needed to know.

"Stay away from Eli."

Constantine laughed pushing him away finally letting him go. "You're actually dumb, aren't you? This isn't me insulting you, this is an observation."

Alec merely glared at him cautiously eyeing him for any sudden movements, especially movement towards Eli's house. His mind was too preoccupied with figuring out how this freak knew about where Eli lived that he failed to see that he only knew the general area of where because of him.

Still, he didn't dare say anything.

"I killed that idiot because he pissed me off. Failed to keep his mouth shut about our little secret." Constantine told him, unprompted, looking at Alec with nothing but entertainment all over his expression. "I also had my reasons to kill those five men of yours."

"There's nothing that would justify their deaths." He seethed, but still did not move an inch.

"They came to me." Constantine told him ripping the remnants of his cuffs away from his limbs. He continued speaking as he carelessly threw them aside. "We had a deal, and they didn't hold their end of it."

"What deal?" Alec was too curious not to ask, and he wasn't sure if he could trust his words. But did someone like Constantine need a reason to lie about this?

His father alone would be able to sweep this whole mess under the rug.

"The deal was to kill you and your father, dear alpha." Constantine informed him casually as if he was talking about a normal business deal. Frankly Alec had thought it was about drugs or some stolen goods, but this was not anything he had expected. "Blood money is money after all."

He didn't mention that his father was another factor of it. The consequences of killing his father's old friend for money was not something he wanted to deal with. It'll be too much of a headache.

It was easier to kill those men than deal with his father.

Some pots should just be left unstirred.

"But," Alec frowned in confusion. "We're still alive. How did they not hold their end?"

The look of utter disgust that appeared on his face was all because of how cluelessly stupid Alec was. There was no doubt in Constantine's mind that intelligence just wasn't Alec's strong point, and their pack was doomed if he didn't decide to grow a brain inside of his head.

At least Constantine improved his looks by slashing his face.

"Half of the money upfront is always the deal." Constantine told him already planning to leave. He couldn't tolerate how dull it was getting. "Threatening me to tattle so I do it anyways, well, you can see how it ended for them. Can I go now?"

Alec had to remind himself that this didn't mean that Constantine was on their side, he didn't care about him or his father. All he cared about was the fact that he was cheated out of his money.

"Don't think I'll be grateful to you for sparing my life."

"Don't be, it isn't worth the trouble." Constantine snorted successfully infuriating him. "And it'll only take me two seconds to kill you, so no fun either. I am still taking the omega, though."

Alec didn't have the chance to confirm that first statement or protest the second one because Constantine was already gone by then.

He just stood there with balled fists shaking at the thought of someone else taking Eli away from him.

And in all honesty, Constantine just wanted everyone to stop mentioning the five dead men to him again.

He really barely remembers them.