.Didn't choose.

- A requested oneshot~

Jungkook was mute. In fact, he didn't even remember when was the last time he wasn't mute, or if he had ever spoken in his life. All he knew was he grew up in an old small orphanage, studied within the same four walls, didn't know anything about anything and didn't have anything about how harsh life could be until he turned 18. 

Of course, like any other orphanage, according to the rules, whenever, as soon as someone turned 18, they'd have to either leave or get a job, to help the place they grew up at. 

It was difficult, for him, to especially get a job, and at first, the owner of the orphanage did understand his case. She let him stay there until he was 20, and all that while he tried to get a job, any job, even if it doesn't pay well. 

But he was always discriminated, against for not being able to speak, and for being weak. 

His frame wasn't bulky, and neither was he really muscular, petite waist, a doll-like face, baby fat on his cheeks, and comparably thicker thighs and hips. Still, people called him names. Why? 

All because he was mute, couldn't speak, couldn't express himself. 

But, did he choose this for himself? Did he choose to be mute? 

He was tired, of people, of how they treated him, and of the fact that he couldn't get a stable and good enough job, the reason why he was kicked out of the orphanage when he turned 21. 

They couldn't keep him there, their reasons being the small children needed more attention and care, and that he'd be fine. But he knew, the real reason. That he had been a nuisance ever since, just a burden. 

He had left, with a smile, bowing multiple times to express his gratitude. 

However, once on the street, the smile had vanished, followed by a blank, dim expression, as he made his way to the riverside bridge, hoodie on, he stared into the deep water, even though the street was perfectly lit, with vehicles passing by, without caring about anything, he had thought, about how he had done absolutely nothing, had never felt what the happiness was really like, and here he was now, to end it all. 

Slowly, he had taken a step closer, climbing the fencing, and ready to stand at the edge, when he was pulled. Pulled hard enough, that as he fell, his head hit the ground pretty hard, leaving him to try and focus for a few seconds. 

'WHAT THE HELL, DUDE? ARE YOU TRYING TO DIE?' 

However, as he had stared at the person who had saved him, he had smiled, seeing a face, oh-so-good-looking, that he could never forget, 

'Hey! Boy, are you okay? Hey-' 

And then the voice had drowned out completely, and him ending up fainting, all because his head was bleeding, and neither of the two had noticed.