.Not a curse.

Jeon Jungkook, the mateless boy, and a curse

Jeon Jungkook, the mateless boy, and a curse. At least, that's what they call him. His kingdom has always known that omegas when crossing their 18th birthday, get to know about their mates. But that didn't happen with Jungkook. 

He was 20 already, with no mate. The reason, why the people of the kingdom thought that he was mateless and a curse since his mother had lost her husband on his death. And so, overcome by all the words and voices he heard whenever he went out, Jungkook moved to the end of the village, living in a small house that he designed himself for himself and his mother. 

However, that didn't stop, when during an accident, several people lost their mates, the accident happened in front of Jungkook's eyes, and some old people began to say he is a curse to the village as well. They gave them two choices, either he keeps his eyes blindfolded, or his mother has to move out of the village. 

Jungkook knew, he had no job. His mother sold flowers, and he couldn't get any place to work since people kicked him out, so he knew moving would be worthless. His mother was getting older too, and he wanted her to live the last few days at her home. 

So he agreed. 

To not see ever, having his eyes blindfolded by a silk black cloth, that always contrasted with the brighter colors that he wore. 

Another year passed and he turned 21, still mateless and lonely as ever. 

His mother got him a pet dog, whom he named Miri. 

He never even looked at himself, after having been blindfolded. Of course, he could remove the cloth within the boundaries of his home, but he didn't, cause by this time, he didn't want to see own self. 

He used to feel sad, but having Miri's presence, and his mother close to him, he could wish for no more, knowing it'd be out of his limits. 

Life continued just like this, until, 

Until one day. 

The day, the crown prince came back to the kingdom after learning everything he was sent to learn about how to govern a kingdom as the king and after the tour around the nearby kingdoms. 

People thought he'd be bringing a princess with him, but that didn't happen, for he said, he knew his mate belonged to the kingdom only. He was waiting for his mate, and only then would he be crowned as the king.

People asked him how, but all he said was that he felt it, the mate bond. 

And so, after a week's worth of celebration, which neither Jungkook nor his mother went to, the kingdom was back to its normal. 

Prince Kim Taehyung, went out with his minister Park Jimin, in hopes of finding a mate as well as learning about their kingdom's people. 

He was sitting on his horse, peacefully waiting for a drink that the nearby old woman prepared for him and his minister. The tent of her shop was small, and not very well equipped, but the soft smile on her face made him feel at home, the reason why he stopped there. She had flowers, fresh and beautiful, ready to be sold, but he knew no one really was giving her shop a second thought or even stopping by. She had been delighted and smiled so wide, that he could almost feel his heart get warm, feeling prouder over making an old lady, a citizen of the kingdom, happier.