.Voices.

A whole day, sitting in his dorm, locked, and in the dark

A whole day, sitting in his dorm, locked, and in the dark. An empty stomach, not a single drop of water had he drunk, and yet, all he did, was stare at the empty space, the voices from within his head growing louder and louder until he could hear nothing, not even the continuous knocks on the door. 

...

It all began in the past month. Jungkook had always been the insecure one. Having had a troubled childhood-no, no physical violence or anything, he just had issues, whether it be trusting someone, or expressing his real emotions. He couldn't help it, the slightest of problems reminded him of things he didn't want to let surface. And this was one of the reasons, he'd always rejected people, even those whom he had crushes on. However, he fell in love, in college, in his first year. It was alright at first, however, he didn't realize when things began to affect him and brought him back to his overthinking, anxious, depressed self. 

Kim Taehyung, a third-year student, talked to almost everyone, the social butterfly. While he was 20, Jungkook was just 18. No, they never had sex, hell they hadn't even had their first kiss, for both of them wanted it to be special. Having only been dating for a whole lot of three months, Jungkook didn't realize when he began to like his crush and then fall in love. He didn't know about Taehyung though, maybe the elder liked him, and didn't love him? 

Their first meet had been during the college Festa, when Jungkook had been reading his favorite book and somehow the elder had asked him for help in decoration, which he did, reluctantly, and people from his own class were shocked, for Jungkook was known as the silent kid. 

Nevermind. Both of them slowly began to talk randomly and then the time came when during the college Fest, they had to be partners for a game, and that's when they exchanged numbers and became best of friends. It continued for two months or so, and Jungkook was what you'd call completely normal, however, when Tae turned up, asking him for a date, he did freak out, internally, but went on with it and they found themselves as boyfriends. 

People knew, of course.  Some were jealous, some happy, and some with no reaction at all. But Jungkook, his condition only deteriorated. The first two months of being in a relationship were fine, talking, hanging out, cuddling, watching movies, and studying together. However, for the last month, he slowly let the words of others get to him, and that too in the wrong way. 

As I said, everything was fine the first two months, but as his feelings rose, and he realized that he was falling in love, he heard people's opinions as well, which he had ignored the first time pretty well. 

Jungkook was introverted-which came with a pack of issues such as insecurities, overthinking, anxiety, and of course not to forget, the ability to look down on himself. 

Hearing people talk about how different he and Tae were, the elder being social, and the topper, as well as in sports, Jungkook wasn't in either. He studied, read, listened to music, and danced only when he was alone. He did exercise and had muscles as well, but that blurred every time he felt his insecurities rise.