Bomb Defusal

"The first satellite has been intercepted!"

An assortment of men and women around a table were clearly oozing tension while looking at a large screen.

They had prepared two bombs to take out Westcott. Actually, they had only planned to bring one, but Murdoch had insisted on it, reminding them of Ratatoskr's presence within the city.

The hope was that the first bomb would draw out the airship, while the second one passed by, doing the real damage.

As the board members all stared at the giant pillar of light devouring the satellite, they all realized that Murdoch had been right. They would have failed miserably if not for his caution.

The man himself was grinning to himself, looking at the show triumphantly.

"Drop number two!"

...

The form of the approaching satellite became larger and larger in the eyes of the few people looking on.

The bomb came within a kilometer of the surface.

500 meters...

200 meters....

100 meters...

Suddenly, it stopped, not falling past the one hundred meter mark. The cause was twofold: An incredibly strong gale paradoxically blew upwards, while a chilly aura spread out from the same direction, trying to reduce the kinetic energy of the bomb.

"Great! You got it!"

"Kuku, a mere bomb cannot overcome the Yamai sister's power!"

"Confirmation. We are strong."

"Yoshino and I are doing our best too, eh?"

"Yes!"

The Spirits had arrived, with Yoshino and the Yamai sisters taking charge of the interception.
Tohka restlessly stood to the side with Sandalphon summoned, along with the other Spirits.

"Should we destroy it now?"

"No. Damaging it here means that it'll still explode too close. You need to get it higher up! By the way, Shido, where are you?"

"Im running to the place now!"

Suddenly, a groaning sound came from the satellite, followed by it starting to sink to the ground ever so slightly.

"Problem. Support required."

The Bandersnatch had activated its Territory, attempting to neutralize the powers of the Spirits. Naturally, it wasn't even close to strong enough, but it did shift the balance.

"If it's a little tough for you, let me help! Gabriel, March!"

Miku's Angel started playing March, the song that buffed her allies, helping out the somewhat struggling Spirits. March was one of the most powerful and underrated abilities, as it could let the Spirits stop even Ellen Mathers in her tracks - for a while, anyway.

"Heh! You have my thanks!"

The satellite quickly picked up speed - but this time in the other direction. It slowly started moving upward until a sudden blast hit the Spirits, kicking up smole and dirt around them.

"Concern. Kaguya!"

By a stroke of luck, the shot had directly impacted Kaguya, throwing her a good few meters.

When the smoke cleared, Kaguya's barely conscious form was revealed. Thankfully, the Astral Dress had absorbed almost all the impact, leaving her practically unharmed, but she wouldn't be using her powers any time soon.