Witch

Natsumi opened her eyes, groaning.
Hmm?
She sat up, realizing that the ground under her was very soft and comfortable, enticing her to lie down again.

Where... am I?
She blinked rapidly and rubbed her eyes. Taking a look around the place revealed that she was in some comfortable room with shiny walls.

There was a TV, a sofa, some snacks, pretty much anything you could want, but there was no door to be seen anywhere.

Also, the shiny walls appeared to be one-way mirrors of some sort. Natsumi couldn't see out, but whoever had taken her could see in.

This is the worst.

They were probably laughing at her behind those walls, howling over her stupid appearance that she couldn't change right now and her confusion about the situation.

Natsumi imagined that boy.. Shido Itsuka and his friends, all sneering behind the screen like they were watching a comedy show.

She gritted her teeth.

No. She wasn't about to let this happen to her. She may not be able to use Haniel right now, but her wound should be healed enough to use the Angel very soon.

She would break out of this prison, and-
The sound of the door opening broke her out of her thoughts.

"How are you doing?"

"You.."

Natsumi looked at the visitor with irritation.

"What are you doing here?"

It was Shido Itsuka, the boy who she had harrassed for the past few days- and the one who knew her secret. Not that it mattered, seeing as she was unable to disguise her appearance for now.

"Coming to see you."

He walked in, closing the door behind him and sat down on the chair next to the bed, causing Natsumi to glare at him.

"I don't need your company. Get out."

"Natsumi, please listen to me..."

"What? Do you want to mock me, or something, like absolutely fucking everybody? I won't care, I'm getting Haniel back in a little bit anyway. Just go on and-"

"Shut up! Why is it that you always assume that someone wants to mock you? I don't see what's wrong with your appearance. A little clean-up or maybe a bath is all you'd need to not lose out to anyone else."

"Oh really now?"

Natsumi scoffed at him, clearly not believing him.

"It's true. You aren't unappealing at all. Also, none of the Spirits hate you either, so there shouldn't be anybody who actually dislikes you except for the AST and DEM."

"Bullshit! There's no way I can be friends with anybody! I'm happier alone, anyway."

"You-" "I don't want to hear it! Get out of the room!"

"...Fine. But I will prove what I said."

Shido stood up and headed out the door, ignoring Natsumi's skeptic glare.

...

"Westcott! The hell have you done?!"

"Calm down Murdoch. I merely had a small adventure in Japan."

Isaac Westcott, the CEO of Deus Ex Machina Industries, was seated at a large table in the conference room, along with every last one of DEM's board members. They had all rushed straight back to HQ the second they heard of the events that had transpired in the Japanese branch.