Tohka's Rescue

Hordes of clones faced off against cold, mechanical opponents in a fierce battle, sending random parts of both participants flying everywhere. 
Shido Itsuka ran through the whole thing, aiming for the large building in the center of it all.

He burst through the doors, running until he encountered a kind-seeming woman, outfitted in a CR-unit. She looked at him with soft eyes, asking what he was doing there.

"Kid, are you perhaps lost? I can show you the way out. Please follow me."

She approached Shido slowly with a smile on her face, who assumed a timid expression, trembling in front of the wizard.

"It's right this way."

She suddenly swung her blade at Shido, clearly showing that her earlier demeanour had been a lie. Unfortunately, before it could even reach him, the blade melted, as if made of putty.

"What?!"

While the Wizard was busy staring at her now useless weapon, which was showing no sign of the concentrated Maryoku that had formed the blade, Shido lightly swung Sandalphon, neatly bisecting the battery on the back of the CR-unit and its Territory along with it.

"Ah!"

She shot one last glare at the boy before collapsing to the floor.

Leaving the unconscious Wizard behind, Shido continued running up the stairs, only to be met with hordes of security forces, all wearing CR-units. DEM had clearly not cut corners inside the city that was said to have the most spacequakes.

Damn, this is annoying.
Shido sighed in exasperation, realizing just how tedious getting to Tohka was going to be.

"Give up! We don't know who or what you are, but if you surrender peacefully, we'll spare your life!"

Huh, what a surprise.
The red-faced Wizard who had spoken was the very same one that had demanded Kurumi's surrender back on Neryl Island. They had probably been demoted after the fact, getting sent to this place, but luck was clearly not on their side, as they had encountered him yet again.

Before Shido could respond, a sweet voice came from behind him.

"Oh? How about you shut up?"

The last words sent a massive shockwave through the air, knocking back most of DEM's forces and even taking a few out of commission entirely, Territories and all.

Shido gasped, looking behind him.

"Miku? What are you doing here?"

Izayoi Miku, the Spirit that had caused so much trouble so far, had appeared inside the DEM office.

To be fair, she came here last time too, but Shido did not expect the same thing to happen, considering the different circumstances.

"Hmph. I merely came to see if you'd keep your word. Good luck with it. Gabriel, March!"

The Spirit answered while turning her head away, almost like a tsundere, while summoning Gabriel for support.

"..Right.."

Shido decided to shelve the matter for now, focusing on taking down the Wizards as quickly as possible.

"Honestly, I don't see why you're putting in so much effort to save that girl.... I can see her appeal, but my offer for a brand new one is still up, you know?"

Shido turned around while shattering a few CR-units with Sandalphon.

"Shut up! I told you already! I'd give my life for Tohka! I'd do that for any of the Spirits!"