Chapter 73

"Shehnaaz kya hua tumhe?" Zoe asked.

Shehnaaz was standing there holding on to the railing with her eyes closed, she heard Zoe and opened her eyes turning towards her. She noticed how tired and sick she looked.

"Sana tu uss gadhe ki care karte karte khud ki tabyet kharab mat kar samjhi!! Don't take too much of stress" she said.

"Aisa ny hai bas....." she sighed knowing Zoe was right and she has no explanation to give her as it won't be convincing at all. "Haan vo bas kuch din se tabyet thik ny hai..... but Sidharth ko mat bolna warna vo gussa ho jaye ga" she continued.

"Shehnaaz tujhe fever hai, don't avoid this like that.... just go see a doctor" she advised. Zoe was a kind of person who would never take any risk regarding health. Even with the slightest fever she would go to the doctor unlike others who would use some home remedies and some rest to get well.

There was a big reason behind her this particular behavior which was her mother's unfortunate demise. Zoya lived with both her parents with no sibling, she would spend most of her time during her teenage years outside of the house with her group of friends. Her mother's health used to be on and off, she was weak and would catch a cold very easily. She got really sick once and didn't let anyone know about it, not even to her husband. By the time Zoya could finally notice her mother's poor health condition and bring her to the hospital her health had already gone worse and then even the doctors gave up in the end. Since then she would make sure not to ignore even a minor issues with heath.

Since Shehnaaz knew about all this she agreed to go see a doctor but on one condition that Zoe would not let Sidharth know about this or he will unnecessarily be worried about her.

By the time they walked in Shehnaaz noticed Sidharth's grim expression and felt something off. She wanted to ask what it was but by then she heard the door bell so she went out to check who it was.

.....

Sidharth and Zoe were in room when he heard voices from the outside and it was not a pleasant feeling at all for him to know it was Gaurav. He wanted him nowhere near him and his family but he was bed ridden because of his sprained ankle.

"Mama!!" little Ruhi rushed into the room, seeing her Sidharth's lips lift up into a smile.

"heyyyy!! mera chota packet bada dhamaka kaisa hai?" He lifted her up and made her sit beside him on the bed.

"Mai ekdum cool hu apke jaise fool ny ke slip ho kar chot laga lu" she giggled innocently.

"Achaaww..... Tere toh!! mai fool hu?" he started ticking and playing with her.

Neetu was there too with that unwanted guest inside the room.

"Kaisa hai ab?" Neetu asked.

"Better" he smiled giving a look to Gaurav.

"Good to see you recovering Sidharth!" Gaurav spoke annoying Sid but he managed to pull up a smile in response.

"Mai maa ko bata kar aati hu ki unki favourite Ruhi aayi hai ok?" Shehnaaz squeaked sitting beside Ruhi and tightly pecking her cheeks.

Zoe too excused herself and went behind Shehnaaz. Back there in the room Sidharth was only interacting with his sister and Ruhi clearly making Gaurav feel unwanted there, he then excused himself to attend a phone call.

"Zoe tujhe kuch chahiye kya? bol toh mai le aati hu" Shehnaaz asked when she noticed Zoe following her.

"Nahi mujhe Aunty se baat karni hai, I need to make sure ki tu doctor ke pass jaye" she said adamantly. She doubted Sana might skip going to the hospital hence she wanted to take her see the one right away for which Rita ji would be a great help since Sana would never ignore her sayings.