Chapter 21

It had been 5 days now and only God knew how punishing and challenging it was for him to  pass these days. She had called him but he wasn't sure whether he was ready to talk or not. He tried keeping himself engrossed in work but it was of no use at all.

"Sam, is there anything pending left for me?" his stern tone scared Sam.

"No...No sir you're done with all your pending files. That's what you've been doing since you've come here" terrified he muttered, sitting on his hotel room's bed imagining Sidharth's face that must have turned red in anger and frustration.

That's exactly what happens whenever he's upset about something and since Sam has been working with him for a while now he knows his reactions and can guess it very well at times.

"I'm a god dam CEO of a multinational company and I have nothing to do?" he bellowed from the other end of the intercom, clinging his eyes closed Sam keeps the phone away from his poor ears.

"I'm Sorry sir but there is nothing for now" he kept his tone as low as he can and the call was disconnected in the next moment. Sighing Sam thought that his boss definitely needs some relaxation, he needs to clear his mind about whatever was bothering him, he decided to take the risk and call him back again. With every ring his heartbeat was increasing simultaneously.

"What is it now?" his intimidating voice scared Sam.

"Si...sir I.... Ac... actually...." he stuttered frustrating Sidharth as he bellowed "What is it Sam? speak up!" Sam mustered up all his courage and took a deep breath before speaking

"Sir I know I have no right to jump in between your personal space but I can guess something is bothering you these days and I think you need to relax, how about I book you a Yacht for tonight and you can have sometime with yourself since you are done with your seminar and have a day in your hand to enjoy yourself..... only if you want" his words did make some sense.

He indeed needed sometime to be by himself and clear his mind.

"Sorry sir if I've anyways invaded your personal space or said anything more than it's required" he sincerely apologized even when there was nothing wrong in what he said. He was the one being grumpy now a days and used to get mad over every small things.

"Send me the details also don't forget to inform Vidur about it" he said, his tone was a little polit this time. He was getting her calls and messages asking him to talk things out for 4 days straight but he ignored and now since yesterday there was no calls neither any text from her side. He had been repeatedly checking his phone every once in while but was feeling disappointed by seeing no missed calls or texts notification on his phone. Maybe she gave up and she was right at her place too, he had been ignore her when she was trying so hard to communicate with him. Not that he was intentionally doing this to hurt her but he was simply scared of getting a clarity of her feelings from her side.

Once when he finally got in between the ocean in that luxurious private Yacht he to be sure felt his head and heart falling at it's place. The interior were a sleek and a striking combination of grey and white, it consisted of the small lounge and a dinning area with an alluring view of sea in the backdrop, making his way towards the bedroom he dropped himself on the bed even after half an hour of turning and twisting  he didn't understand what exactly he was doing here and the restlessness was not leaving his side. Exasperatedly he walked upto the deck in the  chilly atmosphere watching the sun dipping inside the water changing the deep blue colour of the sea into orange - reddish shade just same as their relationship had changed it's colour now. His mind automatically went to that very first time when he had seen her, it was a miserable first meet but there was something about her that she had instantly took his heart under her captive. Then their journey from being stranger to becoming great friends was again a fun rollercoaster ride to enjoy remembering it.

The next moment he remembered his dad's words, as a kid whenever he used to get stuck anywhere at any point of his life his father had told him "Beta remember this one thing forever, whenever you feel like you don't know what to do further at any particular point of time just close your eyes, question yourself and you'll surely get the answer from within you". He closed his eyes taking a deep breath just as his father had told him to do "Why does she affects me so much when it's just a normal liking? Why can't I just move on!?" he questioned his concious mind getting an immediate response startling him "Because it's more than just any liking or fondness, it's LOVE". His eyes wide opened. No, he can't just decide wether it's love or just an affection, he needed to a 100 percent sure before coming to the conclusion.

"Just think Sidharth, has any of the girls in the past has made you feel the way she makes you feel? No right? That means you do love her..... Yes I do love her, I love her to depth of this sea in front of eyes" he realized it with a constant smile lingering on his face and he chuckled on the last line as to how cheesy it was sounding which was totally unlike him.

"Fuck I need to talk to her, I've avoiding her for so long aur ab toh samne se he call and messages aana band ho gaya" he was talking to himself as Vidur was watching him with his  mouth agape with incredulity, he had never seen his boss behave in this way. Unbothered about anything except his love, Sidharth immediately tried connecting his call with her but unfortunately he was in the middle of the sea with hardly any network to make a call. Annoyed he rubbed his head with his index finger and thumb when an idea of dropping a message to her striked his mind.

Sidharth : Baby I'm sorry for ignoring your calls will be back by tomorrow anyhow and first thing we'll talk as soon as I land.

Wasn't sure if he should use his usually used bynames for her. Finally removing the "Baby" word from the message he touched the arrow sending her the message. Desperate to go back home he immediately asked Vidur to talk with the captan of the Yacht to return back to the shore. "Sir we'll be back in the morning" he informed listing to an irritated groan in return.

"Call Sam whenever you get the network connection and ask him to anyhow book me the tickets back home, tomorrow itself." he spoke sternly. "But...." Vidur tried to make him understand that it was almost impossible to do so but Sidharth was nowhere to listen "No ifs and no buts" his intimidating tone was enough for him to keep his mouth shut and nod. It was so difficult to pass the entire night and he was becoming restive with passing time. God was kind enough on Vidur to provide him with network for a short span of time within which he made a call to Sam informing him about his boss's orders, he had been continuously looking at his phone hoping to get a little bit of network to make a call or else he was going to get good bashing from Sidharth the next morning, luckily enough he did his job.

Now it was Sam, on whom the sword was hanging over the head. Fortunately got the tickets for the fight back to India the very next day. He got nervous and fidgety all the way back home also kept on checking his phone every now on then with a hope to hear something from her but sadly there was none.

"Mom!! Kaise ho?" shrieked bunching her in his arms as soon as she opened the door for him with a warm smile on her face.

"Tu toh kal aane wala tha aaj kaise aa gaya?" she smiled.

"Kya yaar mom ek toh jaldi wapes aa gaya aur uper se ap bol rahe ho aaj kyu aa gaya, sahi hai apka bhi" he scoffed and she laughed seeing his sulking face.

"Chot thik ho gai teri dekha?" she pulled him inside and made him sit on the couch settling beside him examining his wound which was now almost healed.

"Thik hu mai ab, kuch ny hai utna..... acha mom vo Shehnaaz se baat hue hai kya apki?" he asked wasting no time.

"Haan dekh tuni sahi yaad dilaya, kyu ladai kara usse? pata hai kitna royi mere pass" she admonished him for making her cry and he equally felt bad listing to this.

"Haan vo..... Pehle ap yeh toh batao usse baat hue uske baad?" right now the only thing he was concerned about was her.

"Nahi beta uss din ke baad vo aayi bhi ny aur 2 din se uska phone bhi band aa raha hai, ghar wale number par bhi call kiya tha par uthaya nahi tha kisi ne, Cafe mei kiya toh vo Saloni ne uthaya tha bola vo Cafe ny aa rahi hai filhal, aaj socha hai jaa kar khud mil kar aao ge usse" the moment he heard this from his mom he got a very bad feeling about it. Was she ok? His heart dropped with all the negative thoughts running inside his mind.