chapter 35

Mayera was called down to join Abhay, all chachi could see was a sack full of money waking down the stairs with Zoe at that moment. She was so blinded with the money that she didn't even realized that her own daughter was missing. Abhay was watching the bride come down the stairs and was getting excited, his mom patted his back asking him to control his excitement. "Baby don't worry, you trust me right?" asked Sidharth, she nodded. Both were standing right outside the house ready to get inside and break the news, she was nervous at first but with Sidharth being right beside her, she had no fear at all. As Mayera was walking close to the Mandap, Sidharth and Shehnaaz were walking inside gaining the attention of the guests. Dadi and the group saw them and was ready to witness what was coming next. The guests started Murmuring among themselves and their murmurs gained Abhay's attention, as Mayera stood beside Abhay, Sidharth and Shehnaaz came in vision of him and Chacha - Chachi. They were shock to the core seeing Shehnaaz with Sidharth. "What the hell!? Shehnaaz tum yaha ho toh yeh kon hai?" Abhay bellowed, Shehnaaz flinched a little by his tone and grabbed Sidharth's hand a little tightly. He too pressed her hand slightly and smirked looking at Abhay. "Mind your tone Mr. Abhay Ahuja" he was back at his stern self. Mayera was sweating from the inside knowing what is coming next for her, her parents were going to be so mad at her after knowing the truth. Abhay noticed her standing like a newly wedded girl and was traumatized beyond his imagination, "Yeh Sab kya mazak hai Sana? yeh sab jhoot hai na? chalo abhi ke abhi hum Shadi karte hai" he moved forward in an attempt to grab her hand but too late, he was already on the floor because of the tight punch landed on his face by Sidharth. "Don't you dare! She's my wife" he warned and Abhay was glaring him from the floor seething in angry. How come Sidharth was here and he had no idea about it? Yet again he snatched away something that he thought belonged to him. Abhay's mother came there running seeing his kid who was born and brought up with utmost care like a delicate flower, right now was on the floor with a bruise on his face. "Chalo yaha se beta humme aur humari bezzati nahi karwani" she tried picking her up was jerked off by him, he hunched his body up from the floor "She belongs to me" he hissed and grabbed her wrist harshly while she was trying to come out of his hold. That was enough for him, his hands fisted and another punch landed on his stomach, his hands reached down and grab him by his coller. He was no more in his scenes, his friends saw this and understood right away. He dragged him out of the house in the backyard into the bushes and beat him down the grass, the dirt and the fallen tree branches. Yuvi, Madhav and Zoe ran out as Shehnaaz darted towards the back yard along with Abhay's mom, Chacha - Chachi, Mayera, Dadi, Rita ji, Tauji, Taiji and a few other guests. His fist clutter on his face and he puts a hole on his stomach. Abhay's eyes showed fear instead of the anger that was seen a few moments ago, "I'm Sorry please don't...." before he could complete he puts his fist onto his nose to eliminate any vision he might have had. He's hurt but he went on beating him remembering his Shehnaaz's crying face and all that she has suffered in these days. That was all because of this scumbag.
Shehnaaz was in pool of tears by now, she didn't knew this person who was in front of her, this Sidharth with his red eyes filled with rage and anger has always scared her to hell. Abhay's mom kept on begging to leave her son but he was out of his senses. Yuvi and Madhav did not dare to jump in between them, even they knew this guy deserved each ever punch that was been landing on his face. Others stood there helplessly watching them. Shehnaaz's pure heart instantly melt down seeing Abhay's mother in a miserable state. She went upto him and hugged him from behind, "Bebu.... Bebu please ruk... ja..... Bebu ple....please mat kar please" she sobbed holding him tightly burring her face inside his back. Feeling her sobbing with her little hands wrapped around him did it's magic, he immediately stopped and stood there sweating and breathing heavily. Abhay's mother came running towards them and took his son with the help of the driver, Abhay was unconscious with all the punches he had received. Chacha Chachi didn't even dared to utter a word and slipped out of there to save themselves. He didn't wanted to misbehave with her out of angry, he decided to move her hands away from him and be alone for sometime. She saw him leaving without even glancing her for once broke her heart but it's fine, she thought. The guests were long gone with the spicy and piquant news that's probably going to be a matter to talk for a few weeks. Everyone asked Shehnaaz to get inside but even she wanted to stay alone for sometime, requesting time to leave her alone she stayed in the backyard sitting on the bench, starting at the house decorated with the lights. She had expected a drama to happen for sure but at this level? His anger scared her, will she ever want to see him like that again? Never, she would never wish to see him like that again. Whatever happened was something unexpected, is this the way she's going to start her new life? Is she not allowed to have anything normally in her life? lost in her thoughts she questioned herself without realizing when her eyes had started shedding tears.

After dragging his two consecutive cigarette, his nerves calmed down, he now felt bad for walking away on her like that. Cursing himself he went inside her room finding Zoe busy on her phone. "Shehnaaz?" he asked and she informed she wanted to be alone so she's sitting outside in the backyard all by herself. This girl is mad, he thought. She was sitting out in the cold with nothing to cover her and keep her warm. Running towards the backyard he found her sitting on the bench, her tear stricken face, tiredness clearly visible which pinched his heart, her exhausted face was still glowing due to the fairy lights falling on her. He slowly proceeded towards and sat down beside her. "Shehnaaaaz" his sweet voice broke her out of her trance as usual. She looked towards him with utmost love and broke down in his arms hugging him tightly. "I'm sorry meri jaan, I promise now everything is over..... usse uski harkaton ki saza toh milni hi thi.... ab ho gaya, I promise no more crying and only smiling..... ok baby" he kept saying such sweet things in her ears which helped her to stop crying. He kept on rubbing her back packing her tightly in his embrace until he felt her little sobs subsidizing. "Better?" he asked and she nodded still snuggling into him. "Kya yaar bhagwan mujhe itni rondu biwi kyu de di apne" he sighed looking up in the sky, she was about to reply him back when he again said "Ab dekhna bole ge ki Tuni shadi hi kyu ki mere se jab mai itni rondu hu, ny karni thi na" he mimicked her making her chuckle and hit on his chest slightly, "Oh God dekho shadi hue kuch ghante bhi ny hue aur apne pati ko dusri bar mara isne" he dramatically said rubbing his chest, "Sidharth please mat kar na" she whined. "Aww acha thik hai, ny kar raha kuch baby" he pecked her head briefly and rested his chin on her head. "Sana dekh bohot thand hai bahar tu bimar pade ge, chal ander chalte hai" he wanted to stay right there in the same position forever if that was possible but they had to get inside as the temperature was slowly decreasing, she agreed and they went inside.

Shehnaaz took up her room where Zoe was already fast asleep and Sidharth went to bed with the boys. Their first night in separate rooms, just one of the unique things happening in their life. Next morning, Chacha and Chachi did not dare to come outside their room, neither did Mayera. Coco was all excited to leave this place and go back, he was jumping all around in happiness seeing the packed bags. Shehnaaz came out of her room dressed up and ready to leave, Sidharth's friends had already left taking the early flight along with Neetu and family. "Shehnaaz mom car mei hai, chal ab hum bhi nikalte hai" he said touching Tauji Taiji and Dadi's feet taking their blessings. "Haan par Dadi apka bag kaha hai chalo abhi late ho jaye ga warna, room mei hoga na apka bag mai abhi le kar aati hu" she was rushing towards her room when her grandma stopped her. "Beta mai ny ja rahi kahi" she said almost whispering, she knew how difficult it will be to make her understand. "Dadi ap mazak kar rahi hona? Sidharth dekhna dadi ko.... tere sath rehte rehte bohot mazak karne lagi hai, tu inka saaman carry kar mai inko car mei baitha kar aati hu, Dadi chalo abhi" her chuckled but then she started tearing up when she saw everybody's serious faces.