Chapter 7

"Shehnaaz!" almost came out as a whisper, dismayed she walked up to the sad figure sitting on the floor beside the bed holding her knees tightly against her chest.

Unknowingly Shehnaaz's eyes were shedding tears for a while now, she was taken back seeing her tear stricke face, immediately engulfed that small baby in her arms settling herself beside her.

Feeling the warmth of her motherly hug she instantly broke down in tears, crying loudly.

"Shhhh bache bas.... bas rote ny beta" she held her as tightly as she could trying to console her.

Coco walked up to Rita ji's side, helplessly looking at her. Rita ji pet him and he sat down next to her.

"Bache Kya hua hai Sana? Dadi ke tention le Kar roo rahi ho toh galat baat hai..... mai bol rahi hu na dadi ekdum thik ho jaye ge beta don't worry.... bhagwan sab acha kar denge" her words making her cry more.

"An...Aunty apko pata hai...do.. doctor...ne.. ne...bola ke dadi ke...ba... bachne...ke chance 50...50 hai....ag...agar unko kuch ho... ho gaya t.. toh...." her sobs made it difficult for her to speak she just couldn't say any further, feeling broken and dejected she continued crying in her arms.

"Bas Bache bas kuch ny hoga aisa" she kept on consoling her rubbing her back.

When his mom didn't return form the room even after 15 minutes of his waiting, Sidharth's curiosity made him go and see what was happening. The moment he reached near the bedroom her loud heartbreaking sobs were clearly audible.

Standing beside the door hiding himself from them he was eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Aunty apko....pa..pata....dadi ke sivai ko...koi ny hai mera.....Chacha Chachi se to...toh bo.... bohot darr lag.....ta hai mujhe unh..unhone bohot..... bura...." she couldn't speak any further, her sobs converted into loud cry once again.

"Vo... thik ke...kehte hai mai man..manhoos hu" she wiped her tears, stating. She gasped listening to her statement "Aise kyu bol rahi hai beta pagal hai aisa kuch ny hai".

This heart wrenching sight was been witnessed by Sidharth was standing there numb as a thin layer of tear streamed down from the corner of his eyes. That girl had alway tried to stay happy but how could she when she was carrying so much in her heart since her childhood.

He was also furious on those heartless people who had called that cure word "Manhoos".

Unable to listen any further he darted towards his room, locked himself inside and laid down on the bed. He had never felt this strong for anyone, when he saw her sobbing like a baby in his mother's arms he so wanted to go there hug her tightly and shower her with all the love.

Today after his conversation with her grandmother he was already very disturbed but after watching her in such condition made it even difficult for him to set his heart at peace.

He was tossing and turning on his bed thinking about her, it was half an hour since he was trying his best to sleep but he just couldn't. There came a knock at his door "Sidharth beta aaja khana toh kha le aisa he soo gaya kya?" his mother's voice came from the outside. He opened the door and denied her making an excuse, although she very well knew that the reason would be non other than Shehnaaz.

Sidharth asked her to have her dinner and sleep, closing the door behind he stood near his window, placed a cigarette between his lips and lighted it. Tilting his head up as he takes a drag, watching the smoke rings that he made as his eyes again started getting moist.

"Why is she affecting me so much? Why am I crying after seeing her in such situation? I never cried for anyone except for my mom then why her man?" he questioned himself as his concious mind replied "Because you feel for her".