Chapter 24

The moment he kept his feet on the land of Amritsar where his life was he took a deep sigh. These few hours in the flight felt like an eternity to him. Now according to his PA's arrangement there was supposed to be a cab to pick him up, he was sent the details about the driver and the car number on the text by Sam.

Seeing nobody outside to pick up irked him he wanted to waste no time in reaching to Shehnaaz he still had to cover 2 hours of drive to finally reach her, annoyed he placed a call to Sam,

"Where the hell is he?" He yelled scaring the poor Sam, he had no idea what he had done now to make his boss yell at him.

"S...ir who sir?" he stuttered out of fear.

"Mera baap!!..... Yeh kaisi cab book ki hai? He has not arrived yet to pick me up, Maine bola tha na I want him to be here before time" he hissed noticing the people around staring him with a stranger look on their faces, he smiled and tried to act clam to save himself from further embarrassment.

"Sir mai abhi usko call karta hu just give me a second" Sam was about to disconnect his call with him to make a call to the driver when he was stopped by Sidharth.

"Sam what has happened to you? Even I have his number yaar, tumne hi bheja tha, I'll call him myself, just be a little more careful from the next time, you know mujhe ek min bhi waste karna ny pasand" he warned him before ending the call and dialing the driver's number.

"Helllooo...... Maddy speaking" his funny punjabi accent which would normally make him chuckle all the more irritated him.

"Mai Sidharth Shukla bol raha hu mere PA ne...." he was cut off in between by the excited voice of Maddy.

"Oh haan ji haan ji, pata hai menu.... bas 2 min mei pohoch he raha hu sir ji, vo kya hai na mai nikal he raha tha utne mei meri Reet, meri jaan, meri soniyo ne na mereko saaman ki list pakda di ussi ko lene ruk gaya tha bas abhi aata hu ji" Sidharth was taking deep breaths, he was rubbing his forehead with his thumb and his index finger trying to calm himself down, he nodded his head in disbelief as to how much this man can speak non - stop.

Without saying anything he ended the call and waited for Maddy to arrive. In few moments a car stopped in front of him and there was a healthy looking guy with a vibrant yellow coloured flaura t-shirt and a bright red turban on his head.

"Aa jao ji sir ji sharmao mat apni he car samjho isko abhi toh 2 ghante nikalne hai isme" when realized about the two hours of ride with this guy beside him, he cried inwardly thinking about what more he has to face before meeting his Jaan.

"Sir ji ap itna chup chap baithe ho mai koi gaana shaana lagao kya?" he asked as Sidharth gave him an irritable smile.

"Na bolu toh ap ny chalao ge?" he cross questioned him somewhere expecting a 'No' as an answer in the back of his head.

"Vo kya hai na mujhe gadi chalane time ya toh koi baat karne wala chahiye ya toh phir gaane, warna mai soo jata hu" he smiled guiltily as Sidharth widened his eyes out of fear. He was not ok with either of it, neither he wanted to talk nor he wanted to listen to his loud Punjabi playlist but he had to choose one in order to reach 'Beas' safely.

He thought having a conversation will be a little better than those songs which would give him a very bad head ache but the next moment he regretted his decision as the conversation was only one way, where Maddy kept on blabbering something or the other and he just kept on Humming and forcefully smiling in response.

He cursed Sam mentally and decided to give him a good bashing once everything gets settled down, he would have normally enjoyed these things but right now his restlessly heart and mind only had Shehnaaz inside of it.