Chapter 18

Shehnaaz was restlessly moving back and forth in her room waiting for him to come inside and coax her, cajol her for talking to him but it had been an hour since he had arrived, what if he had left, she shrugged away the negative thoughts Popping up in her head time to time and decided to peep out of the room to see what was happening outside. Surprisingly Sidharth was having a joyous conversation with her Tauji and Dadi, her grandma shared a great bond with him but how come Tauji in the first meet got so comfortable with him? she questioned herself staring at them with a confused look on her face as this was something odd happening. She intentionally banged the door shut for everyone to notice her and it worked, she successfully gained their attention. "Ja beta warna yeh aise he darwaja patak patak kar pakka tod degi" Dadi remarked sarcastically making everyone in the room laugh. "Iska bachpana Sidharth ke saamne he nikalta hai warna isko aise humne toh shayad he kabhi dekha hoga" Tauji stated with a gloomy smile on his face as Sidharth went to coax his small baby whom he had hurt unknowingly. He twisted the knob doubtfully and the door unlocked, that means she had intentionally left the door open for him to enter, he understood. Walking in he saw her sitting on the bed with a scowled face, inwardly excited waiting for him to pamper her. "What's up baby" he jumped on the bed laying comfortably on one side of the bed sideways, balancing his head on his palms. "Baat kar na mere se Pleaasssee" he looked at her with his pleading eyes, her heart melted seeing his cute face, she was trying so hard not to speak or smile. "Baby mai tere se milne aaya hu na toh kyu ignore kar rahi mujhe? baat karna kuch" he mimicked her words which she usually used while talking to him. "Ab kyu aaya hai jab mai idhar aa gai tab itne din se udhar thi apne pass kitna time tha spend karne ko tab toh tu office chala jata tha, aaj bhi Sunday ko urgent kaam aa gaya mai gadhi dikhti hu kya tujhe? Mujhe pata ny chalta tu mujhe ignore kar raha hai kyuki ab tu bore ho gaya mere se" she retorted hurting his feelings this time, he instantly pulled her and blocked her underneath him on the bed not putting his weight on her ofcourse. His action startled her, he was very close to her which increased her heart rate and breathing became heavier, she somewhere liked the warmth of being close to him but was unaware and unsure of her own feelings. She could see the hurt and anger in his eyes, laying there speechless waiting for him to speak. On the other hand only Sidharth knew how hard it was for him to stop himself from punishing her for hurting him by kissing those lips which were inches away but that could really do some damage to their relationship they shared of as 'FRIENDS'. Huh!! How bad he wanted to remove this tag of friends from them and confess his growing feelings for her but was scared of losing her. When hearing nothing from the other side she thought of breaking the silence "Sidharth" she breathed bring him back from his thoughts he was mulling over. "Gussa hai thik hai but bakwas mat kiya kar, samjhi moti, mai bore ho gaya hu tere se haan? yeh tujhe pata hoga na, tu mere demag mei ghus kar dekh kar aaye hai na jo tujhe sab pata hai..... Gadhi!!" He pushed his body up which was above her and started walking out of the room. "Tuni Sorry bhi ny bola aur khud gussa ho kar ja raha hai jab ke meri galti bhi ny thi" she whined crossing her arms sitting up on the bed. "Sorry bas, par tu jo bakwas karti hai na usko kam kiya kar samjhi samne walo ke feelings ke padi he ny hai khud ka bolna hai bas" he scoffed without looking at her and walked out of the room, he himself was red out of embarrassment for his recent actions. How could he just get this close to her? He needs to control his emotions, what if she didn't like that and now won't even talk to him anymore, shit he can't let that happen, he sat down on the couch of the living room mulling over these things. "Kya hua mana liya usko?" questioned Taiji handling him the cup of tea. "Haan vo bas" he shrugged his shoulder smiling nervously as he himself was unsure about what actually happened inside. "Hayeee Siyapa Idhar mai gussa hue thi ulta yeh chid kar chala gaya" she hits her head cursing herself for opening her mouth in front of him when suddenly an idea snapped inside her head and she smirked. Now let's see how he stays without talking to her, she thought with a mischievous smile on her face. She moved out of her room where everybody were gossiping but suddenly went quite seeing her. "Kya? Mujhe dekh kar sab chup kyu pad gai?" she frowned placing her hands on either side of her waist. "Kuch ny bas aise he, tu kyu aa gai bahar?" Tauji questioned as she looked around thinking and taking some time to make some excuse, dadi smirked seeing the look on Sana's face, she knows her inside out and instantly understood that they have still not resolved their fight instead something new had come up between both of them. "Mai bas aise he aplog baat karo mai toh kitchen mei ja rahi hu" she went inside the kitchen staring Sidharth who was not meeting her eyes out of embarrassment which she mistook as his anger. They could here the vessels being used and the cabinets opening and closing time and again but ignored, after a while they could smell the sweet aroma spreading in the living room out from the kitchen, Sidharth's face brightened instantly knowing she had backed his new favorite chocolate chip cookies. There came Shehnaaz with a plate of freshly backed chocolate chip cookies and a blissful smile on her face. "Areee Waah Sana aaj itne meherbani kaise hum par?" Dadi teased looking back and forth at both of them. "Dadiiiii Aaj maine ghar par cookies bana di toh ap bol rahe ..... nahi banati tab bhi sunate ho kya karu mai mar jao?" she whined pouting sadly. "Areee mera puttu koi na" Taiji pulled and made Sana sit beside her and hugged her sideways. Each one of them in the living room burst out into laughter. Post dinner Sidharth was now leaving, the whole time he couldn't just meet her eyes out of embarrassment while She was mad thinking he was now upset with her and nothing worked to coax him. Wishing a good night to everyone he was leaving when Shehnaaz stopped him, he nervously turned around still not meeting her eyes. "Sidharth tu gussa ho kar ja raha hai? merese baat ny kare ga ..... sachi?" her innocence took his heart away as always, he first took a sigh of relief knowing she was not awkward with whatever happened in the room. "Mai gussa ny hu" he replied softly. "Toh mere sath baat kyu ny kar raha?" she wearily walked upto him and rested her head on his chest, she had no idea these cute antics of her was so attractive and it was getting very hard for him to hold back himself. "Nahi hu gussa meri jaan" he hugged her as she too locked her little arms around him and blushed after listening to 'meri jaan' from his mouth. Stop blushing he's just a friend, Sana's concious mind mocked her making her realise this was wrong, this feeling was very foreign for her and she needs to shut it down. Immediately she pulled back from him and smiled while he looked at her with surprise.
"Chal ok bye, mai bohot thak gai hu yaar itne din se kaam kar kar ke meri death he ho gai hai, tu bhi thak gaya hoga na ja jaldi.... aur sunn Aunty ko zada akele mat chhodna samjha uske sath aur zada time spend karna abhi mai ny hu toh mujhe miss bhi kare ge na" she completed her blabbering and walked inside waving him bye before closing the door as he too left back home.
She locked herself in her room releasing a deep sigh that was stuck inside her, "This is not good, yeh ajeeb he feel hota mujhe uske sath, positive wala ajeeb, aisa kyu ho raha? aisa ny hona chahiye" she talked to herself placing herself in her bed. This is not good, avoid this feeling, her negative consciousness took over the positive one not letting her listen to the positive side. Adamant to shut down this feeling she fell into a deep slumber.