Chapter 19

One week passed since she started living away from them, it was a mix feeling for her, Shehnaaz did missed them and used to get sad time to time but the fact that she was living in her own house with her grandma who was now perfectly fit and fine and her business was also recovering was the things that brought up a smile on her face. Apart from that Sidharth used to meet her ever single day after his work and stayed with her until she closed her Cafe, she met Rita ji twice in that whole week and she felt happy whenever she used have her around. It seemed like everything was falling at place expect for both of theirs feelings. Sidharth's liking was growing stronger while Shehnaaz did her best to suppress her feelings for him. "Sir just a gentle reminder that you have to leave tomorrow morning for a Seminar in Dubai, I've already booked your flight tickets and have mailed you the details" Sam, his Assistant informed Sidharth  about the Seminar he had to attend making him groan in frustration because it had totally slipped out of his mind. "Why didn't you remind me earlier!?" he hissed noticing the other employees in the surrounding while they were walking towards his cabin. "I'm sorry sir but I thought you must be remembering as always" he apologized. "Yes I did had it on my mind earlier but it just slipped out last minute, thanks for reminding" he got inside his cabin as Sam went back to his desk to continue working. This was unacceptable behavior from his side, he can't forget such silly things and have to be more serious towards his work, he thought scolding himself. But he also have to Inform Shehnaaz about his one week of long stay in Dubai, he thought again letting his heart take over his mind and putting Shehnaaz over his work.

Sidharth : Will meet you in the evening as usual, also have something to share.

His text got an instant reply which spoke concern.

Shehnaaz : Sab thik hai na? Tu thik hai? What news? call me right now.

A smug smile played on his lips reading her text.

Sidharth : Don't worry Sweetheart, nothing serious will tell you in the evening. Gotta go now, have a meeting in 5..... you have a great day bye.

After sending the text he switched off his cell and left for the conference hall.

"Enough now, abhi bohot ho gaya, Sidharth Shukla needs to die warna yeh Shehnaaz toh kabhi mujhe notice he ny kare ge" That unknown guy made a call to someone asking him to do anything and take any step that would end up finishing Sidharth. He had an evil smirk on his face after he ended the call. "Sidharth Shukla hoga CEO of that '&Fitz Company' but he has no idea about me and my power. Be ready to die, Sidharth" his sinful laugh was echoing in his lavishly built mansion.

Sidharth couldn't wait to Inform Shehnaaz about his Dubai seminar, he wanted to see her reaction and somewhere hoping her to get sad. Wrapping up his work he immediately darted towards his car and started driving towards Coffee Time. He was mulling over Shehnaaz's thoughts when the ringing of his phone disturbed his beautiful chain of thoughts. "What is it?" he asked sternly seeing Vidur, his bodyguard's name flashing on the screen. "Sir you need to jump out of the car right now, somebody had got into the office building and was found roming around your car, I noticed him and tried to chase him but he slipped out my hand, when I checked the CCTV footage properly I saw that person removing the breaks from your car" panicking his bodyguard informed him and immediately ask him to jump out or he can meet with a bad accident. The car was luckily moving on an average speed so it was a bit easy for him to jump out, thinking nothing he removed his seat belt, jumped out of it the very next moment leaving his car to get somewhere inside the woods. He hit his head a little on some rock and got some scratches on his hand, by God's grace apart from that he was all fine. Vidur was following him the all time, immediately stopped the car in front of Sidharth and helped him getting up. "Are you alright sir?" he asked. "Yeah I'm fine, my head is just spinning a little bit" he replied, holding his head from were the blood was continuously oozing. Vidur helped him inside the car and then asked "Sir home or hospital?". "Coffee Time" he replied as Vidur nodded his head in disbelief. Shehnaaz had been waiting for him for a while now but there was no sign of him, she had already closed her Cafe and was waiting for him inside the deserted shop when her eyes fell on Vidur balancing Sidharth on his arms as they walked inside. His forehead was bleeding, he had cuts on his hands and was limping. She couldn't understand what the hell was happening. Immediately running towards them worried, she gave her hand and helped him to sit down pulling out one of the chairs. "Tu thik hai Sidharth? Kya hua tujhe?" she kneed down in front of him and cupped his face in her small palms seeming perturbed. "Sir I'll be outside" Vidur left giving them both some privacy. "Bebu bol na kaise hua yeh?" tears welling up in her eyes. "Kuch ny hua baby roo kyu rahi hai it was just a small accident Yaar" he made her get up and sit beside him, a sudden fear of losing him rushed inside her as a drop of tear stream down her red cheeks. "Tujhe kitni zor ke lagi hai.... aise kaise accident ho gaya tera dhyan kaha rehta hai tu pagal hai?......" controlling her tears she talked a blue streak complaining about his driving or not paying attention on himself. "Bas Kar yaar aise he dard ho raha hai aur kitna pakai ge" he whined. "Hayeee.... haan sorry waise bhi tere laggi zor se hai na, chal doctor ke pass chalte hai" she got up grabbing his hand and pulling it to follow her. "Abey gadhi baith na itne bhi ny lagi hai, first aid kar lunga thik ho jaye ga" he dragging her back making her sit again. "Toh ruk ja mai kar deti hu tera first aid bachpan mei khud ka bohot kiya hai jab" she stopped as a flash of her Chachi's beatings and her sobbing while bandaging herself came in front of her eyes. Avoiding any questions from him she rushed towards the counter area, pulling the last drawer she took out the first aid box and again placed herself beside him.

She definitely does care about me, does that means that she likes me too? questioned Sidharth to himself staring at her as she was carefully cleaning his wound with a cotton as lightly as she can. "Thora sa jale ga ok?" she warned before applying the Antiseptic Skin Liquid over his wounded forehead as he hummed in reply. He felt a stinging sensation the moment that liquid touched his skin as a small whimper escaped his mouth, she started to blew some air over it in order to soothe his pain. She also cleaned the scratches on his hand and finally covered his forehead wound with a bandage. "Done!" She smiled looking at him and again cupped his face between her palms placing a soft kiss on his forehead as they both closed their eyes feeling blissfull. She herself had no idea why she did so, she just did what she felt like doing at the moment. Sidharth was startled by her sudden action but he felt extremely happy and content. She was dangerously close to his face, both their eyes still closed, he slowly placed one of his palm on her cheek as she leaned her face on his palm wanting to feel more of him. Their breaths became uneven, for the moment she listened to her heart and bend closer to his face, he too went in and in no time their verges met with each other for the very first time. It was for a split of seconds, the kiss was soft and gentle.
She realized what she did, her eyes wide open and gasped pulling back "I'm Sorry.... I didn't.... it was just a mistake" Shame welled up inside her as he looked at her in dismay. Was that a mistake for her? Does that mean she has no feelings for him? Was he the only one who was falling for her day by day? He felt his heart been pricked by small pins one by one painfully slow. The hope that he had inside him about her mutual feelings for him was now shattered into thousands of pieces, he was heartbroken. His heart felt like it would jut out of his chest ripping it apart. "Sidharth vo" she felt the loss of words inside her mouth. He managed to stand up, when she tried to help he stopped her showing his palms. Limping on his feet he managed to walk out of the Cafe all by himself Vidur helped him after that, Shehnaaz was standing like a statue rooted at her place looking at his retiring figure, all lifeless battling with her feelings.