chapter 37

Shehnaaz sighed and again started pressing his back, he again removed her hand. "Bebu tu gussa ho gaya" she said babbling like a baby. "Gussa ho gaya mera puttu?" she wrapped her arms around him hugging him from behind. She didn't felt uncomfortable or hesitant even for a second, she knew she had full rights on him she knew he wanted to sleep cuddling her in his arms. She wanted to make him happy, when he can make so many efforts just for her single smile why can't she? All he wanted was to win her love and maybe he was getting closer with each steps he was taking in the right direction. He was amazed and happy at the same time, what he had been wanting to do since they got to bed she did that so easily in order to coax him, he knew that her taking the initiative of cuddling to sleep means even she felt the same way for him but just was adamant enough to not accept it or confess it just yet but it's okay, at least they made some progress, maybe someday even she'll confess her love for him, he hoped. He then turned towards her and pulled his arms out for her to lay down on his chest, without even waisting a second she did so. She loved this new feeling, she loved how it felt being around him, she loved how he loves her, she loved him. She did, she was just denying it thinking it is too early to say anything. It had only been a day as his wife and she was already feeling so loved, imagining her rest of the life so peaceful with him made her smile in her sleep.

New morning with a new life, Shehnaaz or should I say Mrs. Shukla had the most amazing sleep ever, she woke up to an adorable sight of her husband sleeping while holding her tightly in his arms. She was so happy to be back in town and today she would be going back to her Cafe, she also started missing her grandmother. With utmost difficulty she freed herself from his arms, thanks to his well built body. After she got freshen up, she called her grandmother, "Hello Dadi, satsriakal" she chirped. "Khush reh putt, uth gai? aaram se hai na tu waha? Cafe bhi jana hoga na tujhe" she asked her several questions being concerned, she knows Sidharth will take good care of her but the way she left all crying and sobbing were still in front of her eyes, so she wanted to make sure her granddaughter was doing ok. Listening to Shehnaaz's voice which was full of happiness made her believe that all was good. She talked with her for a while, after that she decided to have a bath, post bath she wore a heavy saree with heavy jewellery, deep red in between the partition of her hair which can probably be seen by anyone standing 10 feets away from her and the mangalsutra perfectly set, visible for all to see. She thought Rita ji and Sidharth would be expecting her to be dressed like as it was her first day officially in this house and the relatives were still around. It was not her fault, after all there was no one to tell her that there's a difference between tv serials and real life, that's probably from where she had learnt all that. She was done getting ready and was wondering what do next when she heard a knock on the door, "Aayiiii" she said and opened the door immediately to find Rita ji standing there. Rita ji didn't wanted to disturb Shehnaaz, she understands she was all sad since she was away from her grandma for the first time in many years and also she must be tired with everything but she had to disturb her this one time as there was this ritual that they had to perform where she had to cook something sweet for the family since it was her first day as a daughter-in-law of this house. If it would not have been for the ritual she would have never asked her to cook, there cooks for that in the house after all. She was surprised to see Shehnaaz all dolled up like a bride, she indeed was beautiful but what's the need? She definitely must not be comfortable in that saree. The day she met Rita ji up till now, she had always worn cloths according to her comfort. Rita ji understood her thought and knew why she was dressed like that but chose to play along with it. "Itni der kyu ho gai, aaj pehli rasoi hai tumhari..... Sidharth ki bua, maasi aur uske cousins kabka uth gai hai" Shehnaaz was looking at her in shock after listening to her. She was scolding her, well she's her mom too she can scold her, she thought and mumbled a sorry. "Jaldi aa jao neche aur sabke liye nashta bana do, aur isko bhi uthao kab tak soye ga yeh" she said and left. Shehnaaz was extremely sad but moving her thoughts aside she went to wake Sidharth up. He woke up to a beautiful sight of his wife all beautiful dressed up, mesmerizing him with her looks "Good morning meri jaan" he smiled, "Good morning" she smiled back weakly. The only thing was missing was that bright smile on her face, he noticed that she seemed sad as if something was bothering her. After he had a look at her properly his main concern was why does she needs to dressed to like that? isn't she uncomfortable in it? Before he could say anything she went downstairs and Coco jumped on the bed sitting beside him. "Coco Yaar isko kya ho gaya subha subha.... ek toh yeh aise ready hue, no doubt bohot Sundar lag rahi hai par vo saree kitne uncomfortable hogi uske liye" he talked petting it, as he whined in response. "Chal mujhe ready hone de, tu ja neche waise bhi kal kamar ki band baja di thi tuni" he placed Coco on the floor and it ran out of the room downstairs, probably to see Shehnaaz.

Shehnaaz greeted everyone downstairs, Sidharth's both the aunts and his 2 cousins, Mukti and Yash. "Bhabhi ap bohot pretty lag rahe ho but aise ready hone ki kya zarurat hai?" Mukti asked while Shehnaaz was preparing some 'kheer' that Rita ji had asked her to in the same stern tone. "Magar maa ne toh kuch ny bola, unko pasand hoga shayad isiliye.... aur waise bhi maine dekha hai serials mei ladkiyan shadi ke baad sab aise he taiyar hoti hai" she said innocently making Mukti laugh at her. "Ap bhi na bhabhi kuch bhi mazak karte ho" she said and moved out of the kitchen. After she was done with the kheer she transferred it in a serving bowl and was about to make something for the breakfast when she saw everything was already made and placed inside the serving bowl. "Hayeee Sana tu toh gai, maa lagta hai gusse mei sab kaam cook se karwa liya tha.... mai late bhi toh ho gai thi na shayad isiliye, chal koi ny kal se dhyan rakhna" she talked to herself and went out placing everything on the dinning table. Sidharth had also joined them and was talking with them in the living room. "Kheer bana diya maine.... maa baki sab bana hua tha.... mai kal se jaldi uth kar sab bana dungi.... sorry" she said looking down at the floor. Rita was in disbelief, this girl still didn't understand that she was joking. Never in her life she would behave with this innocent soul like that, she again decided to play along, "Nahi koi zarurat ny hai" she said rudely. Sidharth eyes widened in shock, "Mom?" he asked. "Kya mom haan, yeh sab nahi cahle ga mere ghar pe.... bhai mai toh bohot strict saas hu ab kya kar sakte hai, rules hona hi chahiye..... jaise sirf saree pehenna, ghar ka kaam karna aur bahar kaam karna toh bhul he jao" Rita had almost smiled while saying all this but she successful hide it before she notices. Shehnaaz was ok to accept every condition but she can never leave working in her Cafe, that is something that she loves and also has a great importance in her life. "Maa sorry mai sab kar lungi par mujhe please Cafe jaane dena" she pleaded trying so hard not to cry. "Maa thodi na hu mai teri, saas huna mai toh toh mujhe maa mat bulaya kar.... tuni maa kaha mana hai mujhe" she said. Everyone were quietly watching Rita ji as to what sudden happend to this sweet lady, how can she talk to Shehnaaz whom she loves her like her own daughter. That's it Shehnaaz started sobbing badly, this made Rita ji instantly regret about her joke. Maybe this went too far. "Aree Mera bacha.... mai toh mazak kar thi beta.... it was just a joke" she took her in her arms as her sobs converted into hurtful cry. "Wahi mai sochu meri behen ko ho kya gaya hai" said Rita ji's sister. "Masi kya ap bhi masti karti rehti ho" Yash said, "Tu chup kar masti khor teri masti ke kisse sunane baithi na toh din kaha nikal jaye ga pata hi ny chalega" Rita ji said sarcastically. "Beta chup karja.... maine toh socha tu koi mere sath mazak kar rahi hai.... kyuki mai uper tum dono ko uthane aayi toh dekha tu already tayar hai vo bhi yeh saree pehen kar itna zada tayar ho kar..... kitna uncomfortable hoga yeh phir maine socha mai tere sath mazak kar lu.... aur tu pagal tujhe bharosa bhi ho gaya meri baat par" she tried consoling her. "Mai....maine ny.....karna.... baat....ap.... apse......jao" she sobbed clinging on to her like a baby holding her tightly. Everybody chuckled seeing how adorable she looked while complaining. "Sorry mera bacha, apni maa ko maaf kare ge? ya phir sachi tuni mujhe maa ki jagah apni saas mann liya hai haan?" she asked. She nodded in a 'No' and cried. "Mujhe ab bohot kharab lag raha hai beta Please mat roo bache" she pleaded. Shehnaaz stopped her sobbing, she knew the more she will cry the more Rita ji will feel bad. "Nahi maa ap please mat bolo.... mai chup ho gai aur gussa bhi ny hu..... mai bas darr gai thi" she wiped her tears with the back of her palms. "Ja abhi change karke aa aur khabardar aise heavy saare pehni toh..... mujhe pata hai tujhe yeh comfortable ny lagati.... wahi pehen jo tu rooz pehna karti thi samjhi aur jaldi change karke aa hum sab sath mei breakfast kare ge phir" she caresses her cheeks lovingly. "Mujhe laga jaisa serials mei hota hai waisa sachi mei hota hoga mujhe kya hi pata tha" she pouted making everyone in the room laugh out loud. "Bhabhi ap jaldi jaldi please change karke aao mujhe bohot bhukh lagi hai yaar" whined Yash as Mukti his his head "Bhukkad!!" she said. Sidharth was just in an awe of his two most important women in his life. He felt blessed ever single second standing there watching all this.