Chapter 70

Shehnaaz was welcomed with absolute silence in the house. Though she left early but thanks to traffic she was back home at her usual time only. She checked the time it was 8:30pm, then where was everyone? She didn't even saw anyone in the garden while entering the house. As she moved in further a delicious smell hit her nostril making her excited to see what was there for dinner today.

A maid stopped by seeing her, "Ap aa gae? Chaliye mai khana laga deti hu..... maa ji ne bataya tha aaj apki tabyet kuch thik ny thi toh ap khana kha lijiye ap thak gae honge"

"Haan ab mai thik hu bas bhukh bohot lagi hai, baki sab kaha hai? Pehle unko bula lo ap please"

"Sabne khana kha liya hai ap he reh gae hai aaj"
she informed.

She was a bit surprised to know that since everyone had this habit of having dinner together "Acha, sabne aaj badi jaldi dinner kar liya yaar.... chalo thik hai mai le lungi khud se, ap khali mera bag rakh dona room mei please" she requested as the maid took her hand bag and went upstairs to keep it her room.

"Bohot bhukh lagi hai mujhe, ek toh traffic ne demag kharab kar diya tha" she started preparing her plate while talking to herself.

Getting herself comfortable on the dinning table she looked at the food and inhaled deeply.

"Wow!! kya smell aa rahi hai.... sab kuch mera favourite hai" she got excited and took a first bite, luckily she didn't tasted the 'daal' yet.

Sidharth came out of Coco's room with Coco when he saw the maid going inside the room with Shehnaaz's bag. Did she returned back already? he wondered.

"Oh sh*t" he cursed inwardly. What if she eats that 'daal' full of chillies? He literally ran downstairs with Coco following him.

His heart stopped for a second when he saw her  having her dinner and with the spoon full on dal already inside her mouth.

The moment she gulped it her entire month and throat burned as if she had eaten fire. She started coughing and rushed inside the kitchen for water.

"Shehnaaz....." he immediately got her some water from the refrigerator and rubbed her back. He took out the chocolate kept in fridge and made her eat it. He felt so guilty and stupid for even listing to Yuvi's silly idea and doing such stupidity. It ultimately back fired him.

"I'm so sorry meri jaan..... please calm down!!" he kept on mumbling until she had calmed down.

He felt like punishing himself seeing her running nose and tears in her eyes. He felt so awful, because of him she had went through all this.

"You Okay?" he asked hugging her close to his chest.

"Sidharth yeh kya tha? Yeh daal?" she wanted to go out and ask who made it but he couldn't let her do so or the truth might come out.

He immediately rushed outside took the entire bowl and dumped it in the sink.

"Yeh kya kiya Sidharth? Mujhe puchna tha yeh kisne banaya aaj? Kitni spicy thi..... spicy se bhi kuch uper ho na vo thi" she pouted as her eyes started getting damp again.

"Mujhe abhi bhi thoda thoda jal raha hai" she added further.

It hurt his heart seeing her and it was all because of him.

"I'm so sorry meri jaan" he hugged her again.

"Tu kyu sorry bol raha hai? Tuni thodi kuch kiya hai..... but ek min tuni bhi dinner kar liya na? Tujhe spicy ny lagi?" she pulled back frowning at him.

"Tu kitne sawal puchti hai moti, pehle yeh bata pakka thik hai na abhi?" He avoided her question and instead asked a question himself.

"Haan mai pakka thik hu par-"