She watched him leave, before he was out of sight he turned and waved at her and she blew him a kiss, which he acted to catch.

She went back to her villa but couldn't fall asleep, so she decided to get ready, she was enjoying the warm baths.

After the bath, she ate and started to think about Caspian and she got a nagging feeling that she had lied to him.

She would need to come clean at some point. Just not now as Elliot was recovering but he would be up in a few days.

"The princess has arrived."

Aurora moved and stood to make way for Nadia who got in and her court ladies.

"Morning My.............."

Before she could finish her statement, she was met by a heavy slap and when she touched her mouth there was some blood. The court ladies held her still, and she saw that Nadia had come with sticks to discipline her.

"I warned you Aurora that you should let Caspian do his work."

Aurora was shocked, which meant there was a traitor but who was it?

"I did as commanded but he came on his own will."

"So you are blaming his majesty for your neediness and clinginess? Even I as the princess his wife, don't bother him as he is busy."

Nadia took a stick and her dress was lifted up to her knees and was beaten relentlessly. From sticks to slaps from the majority of the court ladies, finally, she was let go.

Then Nadia left and Eleanor who was held also ran up to her, "I need to get you a physician." And she had tears in her eyes.

"Don't she is the princess, reporting or anyone knowing about this would lead me to harsher punishments."

Eleanor set out her bed and helped her on it, her legs were giving out. She lay on the bed as Eleanor came with a cloth and a bowl of water.

She started to wipe her and she groaned as it hurt too much, she would not be shocked if she had nothing broken.

"Sorry," Eleanor said as she dabbed the cloth on her.

Her face was swollen, and one eye had become shut.

"Put out a notice that I am not seeing anyone as of this moment."

Eleanor nodded, with a written notice on the door of her villa no one would enter.

"When supper came she could barely eat, her mouth was swollen. She was developing a fever, a few days passed and Aurora could see that she had lost so much weight.

She managed to sit up on the eighth day,

"The Prince has arrived."

"Eleanor, tell him I am not seeing anyone."

"How can I? It's his majesty."

"You're just the messenger Eleanor opened her door a bit, and she could hear her relaying her message.

"Step aside."

"Yes My Lord," Eleanor replied.

Caspian walked in and she still sat with her legs up and her arms supported them, when he took in her state, his jaw dropped, concern marred his face then rage took over.

"What happened to you? Who did this to you Aurora?"

"It does not matter, I just want to be alone."

"This is not the time to be stubborn."

"Then I guess we won't get anywhere, if you also want to have a turn and punish me then go on."

"Obviously I don't want to do that, why didn't you send word?"

"I wanted to be alone, I am just sick and tired."

Caspian came and knelt in front of her, she was scared that the traitor was seeing all of this and would be disciplined again.

She wanted everything to avoid having to see Nadia again.

"Don't you trust me to protect you?"

"I do but this is not in your hands."

"How is it not in my hands Aurora, who could be above me and my authority."

"I don't care about all this and I don't want to be caught in the middle of whatever is going on. I just want to sit by myself. Please don't make this any harder for me."

"Am I a burden to you?"

"Yes, Caspian you are. Everything in this present moment is overwhelming to me. I feel too trapped and there are ears everywhere, and every corner."

"Tell me what I can do to make it so I am not a burden. I will do anything to help you."

"Let me go out of the palace for a few moons."

Caspian's face fell at her words, "I can't do that, I can't let you go. Not now, not ever. You are my everything. I want you to bear my children and only you."

Aurora placed her hand on his cheek, "I am not leaving forever, I just need a break from all this."

Caspian placed his hand over hers, "How do I know you will come back?"

"I have given you my word."

Advance to chapters (99% discount for a limited time) : www.patreon.com/taniashava