Hello baby

Backstory; Mattheo turned into his own version of his father and y/n ran away from him. Until he finds
Her.

Spending your life running sucks, I've became a paranoid mess and I don't even recognise my self in the mirror anymore. I've done so many things to change my appearance but if anyone I knew found me. They'd know it was me. I'm currently in Rome- I think. I've been running all over Europe never staying in one county for very long and when I return to a country it's never in the same city.

I've been on the run since I was 17 and don't plan on stopping. I've last 5 years and I'm not done yet. I'm just glad I hate kids and didn't let the bastard get me pregnant because a child would only slow me down and make him more determined to find me. I have so many identities it's hard to keep track and I've had instances where I've slipped up but oblivate's pretty useful in those scenarios.

The reason why I'm running is a classic case. My physchotic ex boyfriend. Yes I knew this was a possibility dating the dark lord son but I thought it would be fine after the war. It's not, if anything loosing his father made him worse. He wasn't toxic when his father was around, sure he was an arsehole but he never hurt me. He never has, what made me run was the fear. Seeing him look so calm sitting in his fathers old spot. Welcoming the new era of death eaters. Him looking so cold and killing someone so easily to prove he was for real.

He got a rude surprise when that meeting was finished though. All my stuff was gone and so was I. I've been running ever since after he made it clear he wouldn't stop hunting till he found me. I had only be running for 6 months when I found a dead body in my apartment. The words 'game on love, you keep running I'll keep hunting' written in blood on the wall.

I had been out today making plans for me to leave to Switzerland tommorow when I came back home it was dark and when I closed the door my lamp turned on and I jumped four of my skin. He was sitting covered in blood on my couch.

"Hello baby." He cooed and I went to run out of the door but he used his wand to lock it and I couldn't un do the spell. Weighing my options I went to the kitchen to grab a knife but he was faster. Meeting me there then backing me up against the wall. My body trapped between him and the wall.

"I've been looking for you darling. I missed you, it seems your goodbye got lost, oh wait you didn't give me one because you ran away from me." He whispered tucking a loose strand of hair behind my hair. To my surprise he seemed more sad and betrayed then angry. "You turned into a monster Mattheo, what was I supposed to do." I shouted back trying to get out of his grip. I was playing it cool but on the inside I was mildly terrified.

"I wasn't a monster y/n! Not until YOU ran away from me! You were the one good thing and you left. I've been watching you for months following you across the continent to see if there was reason why, a boyfriend, a girlfriend, a child but I found nothing. Only your fear. The way you've become paranoid beyond repair." He added and he shockingly had tears running down his face. It was a jab but I couldn't break nor resist. I tried but I failed. Putting one of my hands in his hair the other on his chest and bringing my face close to his so I could kiss away the tears. He relaxed effortlessly into my touch and I could see a slight smile on his face.

"I missed you so much baby. I'll do whatever you want, we can run together.-"

"Wait why do you want to run?" I questioned. Why would be so willing to give up his legacy. "Have you not been keeping up with magical news?" He questioned and I shook my head. "Having a daily prophet subscription would require an address and I stay away from the magic news anyway because I didn't want to see the new victims of whatever crap you've started-"

"Darling I'm an escaped convict. I was captured by the minstry a year ago and I managed to break out of custody but there's a man hunt across Europe for me. If I'm caught I'm not even given to the dementors I'll just be executed. So I kind of want to keep running my love. I spent the last 6 months looking for you so you can come with me. If not to atleast tell you it's not just me you need to run from. The British ministry is looking for you too."

Maybe I should've atleast checked in on the news.

Maybe it's the fact I missed him, or the fact I can't pass up the opportunity to annoy the crap out of him for the rest of our lives but I still said what I said. "I'll run with you Mattheo."

He seemed taken aback I agreed so quickly but that surprise turned into the biggest smile I've ever seen. The smile that makes me go weak for him. I blame the smile for what I did next. I kissed him, hard. It was only for a couple of seconds for me to realise that I probably shouldn't be kissing him so I pulled away. The grin turned into his classic bitchy little smirk.

"I knew you missed me too."