Got her killed- ANGST

Tw; loss of a child, teen pregnancy, child m!rder

She left school at 16 due to reasons she had buried for so long but now had to confess to save all that she held dear. In the past Despite her hardships she managed to prove everyone wrong and in doing so became one of the most respected government agents in the world.  As the head of the apprehension unit it was her duty to apprehend  some of the most dangerous criminals across the United States that were both wizards and no mag. However the pure nature of this job is risk, Each employee opens themselves up to be the focus of unrecognisable wrath from what some would describe monsters.

Her most recent case was close to the home she fled 5 years ago and when they realised that particular government was under attack. After jumping into autopilot and reaching the targets building it was to no one's surprise that once again y/n l/n executed her job perfectly living up to her reputation that was now at international level. Despite what they thought was a success, after the PCI or the post capture interrogation she got the call that would paralyse her. Some cases stick with agents, this one was one of y/n's. However it seems it stuck with the killer too. The specific killer had plans no one knew off but it seems he was ready to call opening night.

On the other end of the phone call was a desperate plea of help from y/n's 4 year old before the perpetrators voice cut in. His instructions were cut and dry, He said he was in London and that he had her daughter, Then the part that would prompt the biggest man hunt in the country. If She didn't find him in the next 12 hours he would kill the one thing y/n cared about more then anything else in the multiverse. It's that devotion to that sweet little girl that had her pacing in her old schools friends office, who also happened to be the head of the aforementioned government she had just protected. The door opening captured her attention and now standing at the doorway was the one She was wating for and she had quite the story.

Over the next hour y/n explained every secret she had kept hidden for the past 4 years. away.

"You need to know why Mattheo. I left because I knew myself. I knew I wouldn't be able to be a student and- take care of my new problem. Mattheo I was 8 week's pregnant when I disappeared. 2 months before, our 1 year anniversary we were to caught up for plan a and I thought I had plan b but I had run out. I went and got it the next day but apparently it had already run it's course. I was going to tell you the night we argued but- that fight was all it took for me to convince myself you didn't want her, so 3 days later my sister came and got me and-"

"And I never saw you again till a week ago. Did- did seeing me make you tell me this?" He asked still trying to emotionally process She had his daughter.them emotions starting to take over she pushed on.

"Yes but uhm- there's something else. A year ago I arrested Richard corsello aka the-"

"R&T Strangler I read about it. But his victims were all males in there 20's. What does that have to do with you?"

"I apprehensded him, I outsmarted him and he vowed to get revenge. 6 months ago he broke out if prison and attacked me- due to that richelle was put in protective custody. However when I was leaving Azkaban I got a call. He has her- corsello has our daughter and I have 12 hours to find him before he-" her voice was cracking andbut he stopped her sobbing by pulling her into his arms. After a new hours hermione burst through the door.

"They found him-"

Mattheo's pov;

It was all blurry. First I see the girl I haven't seen in 4 years, then I find out she's one of the most respected Auror in the world and now I learn the reason she left me was because she was pregnant with my daughter?  Who's know been kidnapped by one of the most sadistic killers ever recorded in our history. He's right under my father which is terrifying knowing he has my girl.

After she told me they know where he is both auror departments left for his location. Me and Y/n got spit up though. I was to apprehend corsello and she was too find out daughter. A few others captured him and I came face to face with him and he only looked at me with this glance and I knew something grave was about to happen and I was right because I heard a scream from upstairs.

"Y/N!"

Taking the stairs 3 at a tim Mattheo felt as his feet didn't move fast enough. Once at the top of the stairs the houses layout was so confusing he didn't know where she was. It was a huge house and since he felt everything was happening in slow motion he felt it took infinity to find her.

Y/n was in a door way at the far end of the hall. Seemingly glued in her tracks. Feeling the presence of someone running at her she turned. She couldn't speak, she couldn't move, her own waking nightmare trapping her in a state of purgatory as her legs have out underneath her causing her to fall to her knees in Mattheo's arms. Her breathing was rapid, ragged and shallow and once the sobs started they didn't stop. Her body turning so her face was back against Mattheo's chest and her face was focused on the little limp body in the middle of the empty room.

"I- I killed her, I killed our dau- our daughter." Was all she could say between her muffled cry's. Half focused on the broken girl in his arms he tried holding her, trying his best to comfort her afraid if he let go she would break into pieces never to be healed. The other part of his focous, was on the little girl laying un moving in the middle of the room. She was pale and he could see no visible signs of harm meaning she probably lost her life to something he knew all to well having watched it happens millions of times.

The pain of it being his daughter, his little girl which he had never met was unlike anything he ever had felt before. He couldn't fall apart yet, he had to have some sort of composure for the ruined girl sobbing in his arms.

Even after her little body was taken away, y/n couldn't move. She was frozen in a state of pain and failure which only went away when she passed out from the exhaustion of heartbreak.