CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

It had been months since Laura found her mother again.

Their bond have been growing stronger every day.

A week after Inna and Ya babangida with Anty sa’a came back from Saudi Arabia.

Laura sat Inna down and explained to her everything that happened when she was not around..

Inna did not believe Laura when she told her that her daughter is alive. Inna told Laura
“Laura stop saying things like that. Your mother safiyyah is dead so stop saying rubbish. I think it is this pregnancy hormones that is making you hallucinate”

Laura was shocked when she heard Inna talk about her pregnancy because she has not told her yet. “Inna how…. who told you”

“I knew before I left for Saudi Arabia, that is not what we are talking about. Laura your mother is dead so stop telling me you have been meeting her”

Inna did not believe Laura until when she brought Hajiya Zainab or should I say Safiyyah to Inna.

At first Inna could not believe her daughter was alive.

After many tears of joy they then told her about how she survived the accident and she lost her memory.

INNA POV:
Seeing Safiyyah again after so many years of thinking she is dead was just like an impossible dream.

When I was in Mecca for the pilgrimage I couldn’t thank Allah enough for all the good things that had happened to us.
He have shown us his mercy in every step we had taken ever since we left our village.
From us meeting Babangida to this day.
I prayed to him to give the strength to be the strength to be able to tell Laura one secret I have been keeping from everybody for years and she should understand me but.

One thing I never expected was to come back to Nigeria and find out that Safiyyah is still alive, it makes everything more harder and difficult for me.

The other day when Saffiyah and Laura called me and told me she remembered how her father my late husband taught her how to weave a local mat. It brought tears to my eyes, which both of them thought it was because I remembered my husband which was not it.

My late husband died and left me alone to all this. If only he was alive I know it will not be this hard to tell them.

“Inna what are you thinking about, I have been talking to you for some time now and you are not replying” Sa’a broke my thought.

I sighed “Sa’adatu its nothing I am just thinking of what to cook for Rafia. You know she said she is coming today to visit me with her baby” I lied.

Sa’a smiled “If its about that don’t worry Inna I can just call her and besides Inna I have told you many times you don’t need to be cooking again”

“I am just eager to meet her baby Suhail” I tried to explain myself.

“You know Yaya Safiyyah  threatened to take you to her house if I allow you in the kitchen again” Sa’a joked.

I laughed at what she said because only Safiyyah will be able to threaten someone just because she feels I am not getting enough rest.

One trait she has since childhood and have not lost till today. Even though she still does not remember everything but I do.

…………………………………………………………………………………………….

“Babe wake up” a heavily pregnant Laura tried to wake up her husband.

“Love please let me sleep I just made you the noodles you asked for not long ago” he spoke without opening his eyes.

Laura groaned from the contraction she is having. “Abdul wake up please”

 LAURAOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara