CHAPTER TWELVE

ABDULRAHIM’S POV:

‘Goodbye sir’ my secretary said to me on my way out from my office.  I took the elevator to the ground floor, the few people still in the office greeted me goodbye. I waved them while smiling which was very different from the way I came in this morning.
This morning I was in a very sour mood , last night Ummi my mom left for Kano to go see my sick grandma Hajia.
That means nobody to make breakfast for me before I left for work and I hate food cooked by the maids.
You can call me a mamas boy because at 28 I still leave with my parents I don’t care. I know when I get married I will surely move out to my own house but for now I prefer to stay with Ummi and Abba.

I don’t know how but the food Anty walid sent to me lifted my mood and that kunun gyada was just awesome. I know I am a real foodie especially those local traditional food, ummi always jokes that with good food you can make me do anything for you.
I think I will call Anty walida again to please make that waina and kunun gyada for me again before Ummi comes back.

‘Abba good evening’ I greeted my father, we just met on our way back from the mosque after isha prayer.
‘Abdulrahim you just vanished today just because your Ummi is not around koh?’ he replied
‘Abba its not like that I left for work early in the morning before you woke up I had work to do in the office’
‘oh ok, so how is work and how about the Fetuga oil project I hope we are getting the contract’
‘yes Abba insha Allah we are getting the contract and also I want to discuss something with you I need your advice’

Our gateman Baba Nasiru greeted us as we came into the house.
After we have settled in Abba’s living room.
‘ok so what do you want to discuss with me’ Abba asked me
I told him It was about some project at work. That was how we continued discussing about work until 9pm.
‘you know if your mother was to know we where discussing about work she would have our head’ Abba said while laughing.
‘Then it’s a good thing she is not here’ I replied him smiling.
Abba was banned from going to the office six months ago by Ummi after he had a major heart attack. Ever since then I  have been the one running Pearls Constructions. It has not been easy but I come to Abba from time to time for advice just like now when Ummi is not around.
‘that woman has something like super powers she will still know’ he said.
Abba’s phone rang I bid him goodnight, ‘Hello Habibty was the last thing I heard before walking out. I know its Ummi calling him.
though they have been married for almost thirty five years with five children their love is still strong.
Yaya Rabia been the eldest at 34 she stays in London with her husband and children, then Anty Walida is 31 she stays here in Abuja with her husbands and kids too.
Then I and also Salima and Bilkisu who are 26 and 24 years respectively. They got married two years ago together. Salima stays in Lagos with her husband and Bilkisu stays in Gombe.
That makes me the only son and the unmarried one in the house.
I decided to call my girlfriend whom we have been dating for five years now. I called her earlier but she did not answer my call.
She picked after the third ring ‘hi dear I will call you back tomorrow I am very busy now’ that was the only thing she said before hanging up the call she did not even allow me to say anything.
She is currently in Spain now where she is doing her masters.
We met five years ago at a friends wedding, she was one of the brides friend and I was one of the designated drivers for the bridesmaid to the event venue as I was also among the groomsmen we clicked from there and ever since then we have been dating.
We decided that we would not talk about marriage until after her masters and now she is almost done with her masters I think it is time for us to discuss about marriage.
I will have to find time to go visit her, I have really missed her.

‘Sir your breakfast has been brought now should I bring it in’  my secretary asked me through the intercom.
‘yes bring it in and Ibrahim thank you’
‘your welcome sir’ he replied.
It has been a week since I last ate that waina and kunu I had to plead with anty walida to make it for me. I have been eating food from the eatry this past week. I cant wait for Ummi to come back.

Anty walida did not make that kunun gyada for me and also this waina and miyan taushe taste different from the last time even though this one too is delicious but it still taste different.
I think Anty walida did not cook this food so I decided to call her.
‘Anty walida but you are not the one that made this waina right, and also where is my kunun gyada’ was the first thing I said when she picked the call.
‘iyyeh so Abdulrahim it has gotten to this koh! No greeting just going straight to the point’
‘I am sorry Anty walida’
‘you better be, so what where you saying about me not cooking the food and what kunun gyada are you talking about’ she asked me.
‘the waina taste different from the last time and you did not make that kunun gyada you made the last time for me’
‘ I did not make any kunun gyada for you the last time and about the waina maybe there is something wrong with your taste buds’
‘but anty there was kunun gyada the last time and it was very delicious’ I argued.
‘ truly I saw a strange flask in my kitchen and when I asked my house maid she told me it was brought back with the food warmers sent to your office so I thought it was yours’.
‘ So where did that kunun gyada come from I think your driver has something to do with it since he brought the food’
‘I think you are right I will ask him when I get home, I will call you back later’ she replied back.
‘Anty walida thank you’ I thanked her before hanging up the call.

This is strange where did that kunun gyada come from. Even though it was very delicious I have to find where it came from.