CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Abdulrahim POV
I could sense her looking at me. I looked at her discreetly while she  turned to look at the table she set this morning.
She went over to the table and opened the warmers. I have not eaten the food. And a frown formed on her face.
She turned back to look at me. “Mr Muhammad you did not touch your food’ she nagged.
I looked at her amused ‘And’ I asked her.
“its not good to waste food especially one I worked hard to cook” she scolded
“ Miss Umar I did not call you into my office for you to scold me rather I should be the one asking the questions. I believe I sent the email for you to come to my office almost an hour ago.”
“ Sir I was on my lunch break” she stated.
“does that lunch break involve you getting friendly with my secretary in the kitchen. Miss Laura I did not employ you to get cozy and friendly with my staff” I taunted.
I saw her and Ibrahim through the cctv camera in the kitchen.
“And I know you did not call me in here to complain about my lunch break.” She taunted back.
“Miss Umar you will watch how you talk to me” I warned
. “I am very sorry sir’ she apologized.
I passed her a sheet of paper. “in there is the list of things you need to buy and take to my house. I want you to arrange everything according to the places mentioned in the list. The driver is waiting for you in the parking lot.”
I gave her my card before waving her off.

After she left I looked over at the food on the table she set earlier today. I went over there to eat.
As always her meals are delicious.
She is not only good in cooking but also she is good in her work as my personal assistant so far.
I decided to move into my house last week. Ummi was not happy when I told her.
Fareeda my girlfriend has been disturbing me for a long time to move out of my parent house. I think that is the reason she is giving me the cold shoulder.
And last week I decided I should just do what she wants. Besides a man needs some privacy.

It feels weird to be living alone. All my life I always had someone I live with even when I was in school in London I lived with my best friend Yusuf.

Speaking about Yusuf I have not seen that numbskull in a while I guess we have been just too busy, with him running a law firm and I running a construction company. But I guess one of this days we have to meet up.
I got to the kitchen trying to find what to eat. What is that.
A sticky note attached to the refrigerator.

“ its not healthy eating takeouts and frozen pizza. So I made you food its in the microwave. Also I made you stew its in the refrigerator you can use it anytime. You can thank me tomorrow at work.   {your able PA}”

She must have seen the empty boxes on the kitchen counter I think.
I checked the microwave and found jollof rice in it. I cannot even get angry at her for using my kitchen without my permission because this jollof rice is just delicious. its not like I use the kitchen for anything except to make tea in the morning and microwave takeout food I bought on my way home.
Home it feels weird to call this place home I have to get use to it.

…………………………………………………………………………………

“sweetheart I moved to my own house just because you wanted me to and now what is it again”
“AR I am not just ready to come back I have something I need to sort out here besides I am not rushing into marriage I need time” she said through the phone.
“you finished your masters two months ago what else are you waiting for and what do you mean rushing into marriage. We have been dating for 5 years what time do you need again” I asked her she is just been impossible.
“I need more time is that too much to ask and if it is because of the money I asked .you can keep your money”
“No Fareeda its ju….”
“did you just call me by my name, no sweetheart” she cut in
“you know what Abdulraheem good bye” and she hanged up.

I really messed up. I should not have called her by her name. I always call her sweetheart and today I just messed up. If only I did not ask her when she will be coming back. I should have just sent her the money she requested.
But I think its time I pay her a visit.

“Miss Umar to my office now” I buzzed the intercom.
“Come in” I told her after I had a soft knock.
“I want you to clear my schedule next week I will be traveling to Spain. You have to call the pilot to get the jet ready. And I want you to set up a meeting with the head of department of HR tomorrow”

“Is that all sir” she asked while looking up from her notepad. After writing what I told her.
“No I want you to go to my place and make that stew you made for me last week. use the card I gave you to get anything you may need”
Yusuf came over during the weekend and raided my refrigerator. He took the stew with him when he was leaving.
He called back to ask where I got the stew from because it was very delicious and I just laughed.
I am not telling him about Laura because he will try to take her away from me just so she could make him delicious meal.
What can I say Yusuf is a bigger foodie than I am or should I say {food hoodlum} that’s what he calls himself.

“ok sir anything else” she asked while giving me a questioning look.
“Miss Umar that is all” I dismissed her.
“you could have just said thank you for making the stew even though you did not ask me” she muttered quietly before leaving but I still heard her.

………………………………………………………….
“Good morning sir”
“Sir you are late”
Was the first thing I heard while coming out of the elevator I met Ibrahim and Laura standing by it.
I guess you know who said the later.
I ignored both of them and went into my office. I had to go see Ummi today she came back from Kano yesterday. And I could not resist breakfast when she offered me.
She kept saying I just added weight while she was away. I knew she was teasing me but I couldn’t help but think about a certain someone who have been making my meals.
And that someone is standing before me and glaring at me now.
“Miss Umar why are you standing there what is it” I asked her.
“Sir Mr Samson the Human Resources head of department is currently in the conference room waiting for you. And he have been there for almost an hour” she glared at me.
Oh my good how could I forget about the meeting.
“You don’t need to join us in the meeting Ibrahim will be there and also you should pack that I will be taking it home” I gestured to the food on the table before walking out.